Ping Gunner-DC motors

Hey Gunner,

I sent you an e-mail but I'm not sure if you got it. I'm looking for a DC motor to drive an old Champion forge blower and seem to remember you posting that you had some. I'm flexible on mounting and rpm(higher is better) since I need to fabricate mounts and shafts ect. I have the original motor (universal wound) but it's shot and the motor guy says at least $300 to rewind/rebuild, so I figure DC w/ speed control would be a good bet.My other option is any old surplus 110v motor that will fit and use a blast gate to control the air. The end use is in a flatbed coal forge I'm together. Take a look and see what you have, also do you still have air cylinders?

Thanks

AndrewV

Reply to
AndrewV

Andrew, why bother Gunner in California? There are at least a couple of dozen treadmills listed in Craigslist and Want Ad Digest a lot closer to where you are (unless you moved recently), and any (motorized) treadmill offers you a DC motor (usually 3500-5000 rpm) and a speed controller that works with it. $75-$80 and a trip to Saratoga Springs or Vorheesville will get you one according to current advertisments. Patience and visiting your local dump/transfer station/recycling shed will often yield them for free, oddly enough usually working fine.

I personally (you've visited my shop-in-progress) can probably offer you (for what I paid for it surplus) a DC motor which might be a bit on the small side for a lathe, but just fine for a blower, but I can't offer you a controller to go with it, and even through surplus you'll probably find the under $100 treadmills cheaper than getting a motor and controller separately. The controller I can find at Surplus Center is twice the price of a used treadmill, and comes without a motor...

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Sorry..didnt get it. Ive still got about about 15 or so NOS tread mill moters, 2.5hp, DC, 110vt.

And yes..Ive got a shit load of air cylinders.

Come on over and take your pick.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner I tried your e-mail again

Thanks

Reply to
AndrewV

I sent you an e-mail

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
AndrewV

Got it this time. Im working on it. I stacked all the air cylinders this past weekend..I worked Saturday -Tuesday night....and Im getting to the point of finding daylight. The Chevy van that was buried is now in my drive way (still full of computer equipment..but...) Odd..tags expired in 1998...coulda swore ..never mind

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner