Ping-Wayne Cook

Wayne, do you have any extra consumables for your old PCM-100? I picked mine up yesterday, but the torch head is pretty well stripped. Ive got a cracked ceramic front "nose" thingy, a tubular thingy with an orfice in it, and the back cap. And thats all.

Id like to find a PT-17A torch, which according to the manuals is an air torch.

Gunner

Gunner

What I've got is a water cooled torch for the nitrogen/co2 use. I forget the model number. There is a few spare parts in a box out in the shop and the torch with the melted hoses is in the shed.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Ill try to remember to box up that Tweco #5 and send it off to you. Swap?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Sounds good to me. I may cut the melted hoses off just to reduce the shipping weight. They're definitely not any good to you. I tried to fix them back when they first melted and just created more problems. It's nearly impossible to make a good splice in that hose without restricting the water flow.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

I finally managed to find the box of parts last night. I'd hidden them real well. :-)

According to what I wrote on the side of the box my torch is a PT-13. There's a lot of little things in the box including a bunch of used tungsten electrodes (may be some new ones in there as well), 4 shield cups (another on the torch itself), special tools for working on the torch, some nozzles (I'm not sure how many are new or good), and a bunch of other stuff. I was thinking there was a few swirl rings in there as well. I didn't see any but then I didn't pull everything out. Those are the most expensive part of the torch IRRC.

I'll see if I can get it all boxed up sometime this week.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

I finally got a chance to box up the torch today. Send your address to my email (the one on this post works) so I can get it sent off.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook