Semi OT_But Lots of Metal

Another of those funny industrial accident screwup series.

This one's on China Air:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Same outfit that had another 747's #2 engine fan blades_badly_damaged by ingesting something. Was so out of balance that they couldn't run the engine. Was dispatched from China with #2 shutdown and the fan secured to the first stage stator vanes with seat belts from the cabin to prevent it windmilling and shaking itself out of the engine mounts. On a revenue flight with passengers, mind you. Landed in Germany and the Germans impounded it until it was fixed. Man, what a bunch of maroons. I'd take the bus before getting on one of theirs. Wish I could have heard what the Germans said when they saw it.

Reply to
gfulton

Oh, Jeez... ;-) Look up "Cluster Fsck" in the dictionary...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman