Plans for blacksmith forge

Does anybody out there have some plans for a blacksmith forge? My neighbor does alot of metal sculpture and would like to have a small forge. He already has a nice anvil and quite a selection of other blacksmith tools. I've done a search on forges on the HSM site and didn't come up with much. He has been looking at several flea markets and antique/junk shows, but everything there is already pretty tired and over priced.

Thanks -

Barry

Reply to
Barry Criner

Ron Reil has some helpful pages on the subject.

The freon tank forge is an easy project.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

When I was a teenager (in the '60s) my dad had a very cool portable forge. It amounted to a barbeque with a hand-crank fan mounted underneath. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

Reply to
random

I've seen some good small working forges made from a truck brake drum. Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven