EMCO Compact 5 - what's it worth?

I have an older EMCO Compact 5 manual lathe, with milling attachment. I bought it about 10 years ago, fairly well used, but haven't used it much myself. I also have a collet set that looks just about completely unused. I'm trying to decide whether to keep this lathe around for the little use it gets, or sell it. Any idea what it's worth? Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi Dave, I'm looking for a setup similar to yours, where is it located?

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Cramond

Glenn,

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If it's in nice shape, it's can be worth a lot (over $1500). Since it ships pretty easily it's a perfect ebay item. Here's one that went pretty high. Nicely tooled but no mill head:

Len S

Ooops. I screwed up. The ebay sale in my previous post was for a Compact 8. Sorry.

Reply to
Len S

Len,

I'd say it's in fair condition, not great condition. I do see that the collet set is over $500 new, and that's in mint condition. I have holders for both the lathe and the milling attachment, and whether or not I sell the rest of the lathe I'd certainly consider parting with the collets, since I don't do any precision work.

Saw that - thanks anyway.

Dave

Reply to
Dave