Maximat Compact what model do i have

I have an used 1960's ? Maximat Compact No# on tag 6803002 Made in Austria Would like to find out what model it is. Best I can find out being I have no manual is looks like a Standard Mk. 2 series 3000 with Vertical drill/milling head . do need some parts belts/ collets and so on..any help out there? Thanks perry in az.

Reply to
oldcarnutts

======== google on for 8.7k hits

for some samples see

One US supplier of Emco parts and manuals is

-- I have bought several items from them and been pleased with parts and service. Prices seem high, but them Emco volume is low.

also see

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Compact *what*? I've got a later one, from when the model names changed from Maximat to things like Compact-5, and the maker name ... not sure ... In the US the older one was "American Edestall", and the newer one was "Emco" or in my case "Emco-Maier". The "Compact-5" name indicated a 5 inch swing over the bed (the UK would call it a 2-1/2" lathe, except that the original makers would have specified it in mm swing instead -- maybe 125 or 130 mm swing). My particular one happens to be the CNC version of the little lathe. Since my manual is in English, I don't see the metric size, FWIW.

Austria is right for the Maximat and the Emco products. The "American Edestall" was probably the importer -- for both the Maximat lathes in various sizes and the Unimat lathes.

Series 3000? Would that perhaps be the swing in units of 0.1 mm? If so that would make it an 11.81" (close enough to 12" lathe, a fairly hefty one for the Maximat series

Looking at:

while the actual swing does not seem to be listed (unless it is on one of the earlier pages), the photos look more like the 7" swing machines.

If you don't know about the above "lathes" site, visit it starting at the URL given above, and you can wander through a fairly large number of sub-pages covering the various Emco/Maximat/whatever machines -- as well as many other machines of interest.

Not sure which collets your machine will use -- though I suspect the 3C collets will be pretty close for the earlier machines, since it used a Morse Taper No. 2 spindle according to the page. Some of the later machines should accept larger collets. My Compact-5/CNC uses ER-25 series collets.

As for belts -- you'll probably need to look for vendors of metric belts to fit it.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

see the files section in

the manual of the maximat 3000 lots of useful information in this group

dan

Reply to
dan pines

בתאריך יום שלישי, 3 במאי 2011 בשעה 03:15:33 UTC+3, מאת oldcarnutts:

Hi there are you willing to sell your EMCO lathe?

Regards Ram snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
ram.levinson