Plastic 55 gallon barrels

And hopefully the bird shit and dead bugs got filtered out..least the big chunks

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner

spamTHISbrp

For transportation, leave ZERO airspace. You only need airspace if there is danger of freezing.

Reply to
Nick Hull

New Rubbermaid Brute trash tubs.

Richard J Kinch

1-800-295-5510

Steel Drums( 55 gallons) Model # S-10758 open top $78 Model # S-10759 closed top $68

Plastic Drums (55 gallons) Model# S-9945 open top $73 Model# S-10757 closed top $64

Reply to
Finalizer

I'll go and look there. I have some of their catalogs, and they have good stuff. Any wild guess as to what freight would be from there to Las Vegas, Nevada?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Estimated freight: $80 per.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Whaaaat ??? I bought one from a local juice bottler for $6 !!! 'Course that was more than a few years ago, but still ... Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

And after the shipping... Ouch!

U-Line's catalogs "shore nuff look purty", but they have a very high opinion of all their products, and expect you to have it too...

In Other Words, there are places to get a much better deal on most of the stuff they carry. For hauling water you do NOT need brand new barrels, just used food-grade ones that can be cleaned out easily.

Call all the food products companies in your local area - they get bulk commodities shipped in drums and have to get rid of the empties. Sometimes free, sometimes for a token fee.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I'll let you know how it all shakes out. I bet I don't pay more than $30 for two.

In the small towns near where the cabin is in Utah, they have Tradio on local AM radio station. No business ads, or commercial stuff. Just Joe Everyman selling God knows whatever.

A friend of mine came to visit us in Vegas from San Diego. We went to the cabin, and one day were headed to Ace for some stuff for the cabin.

I said, "You gotta hear this radio station." Told him how great it was to find stuff, and get good deals, and all the crazy stuff you would hear on the station.

A guy came on there asking for rotten apples! He said he had pigs and stock that would eat the apples, and he would come to your house and pick up all the fallen apples you would give him. He said it worked good to clean up rental property, clean out orchards, etc.

We were both laughing our asses off, and this guy was 100% serious and genuine.

I looked at Bill and said, "I tole you they got some funny ads on here." Out of catching trout, going to Zion NP, and a week in the mountains, I think Bill will remember that Tradio episode as the highlight of his Utah trip.

I am going to put an ad on there for the barrels and some tire chains.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Reply to
JR North

Sounds like the Yoopers skit on sheep shit.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:31:41 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Steve B" quickly quoth:

That feed store finally got back to me about their broken shopping cart list and said that UPS had just recently drastically increased shipping on barrels of all types. Figures...

Reply to
Larry Jaques