Pneumatic rotary actuator update

I tracked down pneumatic rotary actuators that have the rack gear built in and other niceties like cushions and stops. Thanks for the pointers! I talked to a couple of manufacturers and they balked at

Reply to
Tom Gardner

's a pic of the first generation. Notice the air cylinder, the one set of spring loaded pinch rollers moves back and forth and one set is stationary. There are one-ways in the rollers. It works but if the wire it's feeding is too oily or too dry or has lead-drag or soft spots or hard spots or crooks or twists or if it's Tuesday or...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Who is the artist?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Tom, Does this unit go back and forth continuously at a set speed? If so,take a look at fabric loom operation, about 900 cycles/min. I could sort of describe the mechanism to you. better yet, get the book of ingenious mechanism.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

One could replace the pinch rollers with a gripper, yes?

Oooh baby, Pheuma-Nippers!
Gripper - Nippers!!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

One of the lady's grandson.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Looking at those make my nipples hurt!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Must. Lose. Mental. Image!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

====== How about a linear motor?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Reply to
RoyJ

I dunno, it costs a whopping $18 to $57 for them to refurbish the nipper blades...

Yes. I am trying to be funny. :)

Check out those size 50's OMG

--Winston

Reply to