Posting to drop box: different base for Ernie roller

Over a year after Errol and the kids shipped the plates, I'm finally getting around to building my Ernie roller.

If you don't know talking about, see the original:

and it's associated files

Ernie's base, while straight forward and simple to construct, required a commitment to floor space I couldn't afford to make.

So, I made my base so it can be folded flat for easy storage and transportation.

It's made, primarily out of 1 1/2"x 1/8" angle and 1 1/4"x 1/8" angle with offset piano hinges welded on the 4 uprights to allow it to fold flat.

This way, when it's not in use, I can stash the table and the stand behind the workbench, and the other parts in an ammo can.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Very sneaky. I like.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Very clever. I have been meaning to get back on that project myself for months now. Lots of talk, little action.

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff