Armor Base idea

hi Gang, I am looking for ideas for armor bases. We currently produce a few now but would like to increase our line. Please email me directly with your ideas. And if chosen we will credit your idea on the box art cheers John Geigle

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

I don't know what materials you are using -- lightweight resin?

Figure things this way. The average single 1/35 scale model is about 9" (227mm) long and 4" wide (102mm) so you need a base about 8 x 12" (203 x 304mm) to provide surrounding space. Also the center of focus needs to be skewed slightly so the model sits at a bit of an angle on the base.

As for the base itself:

-- cobblestone streets with a curb to one side are good, perhaps with a streetlight or simple roadsign

-- asphalt road section with a small ditch on one side

-- dirt road with flat surfaces (planted tank track marks are not good unless you have them match the subject, as well as the fact that the tank or vehicle will then tend to "hover" over the road.

-- concrete pads (e.g. modern motor pools)

The same things could be used for 1/72-1/76 but about 1/4 the size.

Also you may have to think about 1/48 as it is making a comeback -- about 5 x 7 or 6 x 9 would be right.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Cookie, Please check out our 1/72nd scale armor bases I have two 1/35th scale ones coming out in the next two weeks. The larger bases will be rotocast keeping them very light weight. I will keep your info if you are interested I will send you a few samples to review. I will email pic's of the larger bases tomorow. cheers John Geigle

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

I like what you have and agree with Cookie. Do you have a UK dealer?

Reply to
Jules

At this time I do not have a european dealer. But I am looking I will be at AMPS this year. I have a table with the small shop cheers John Geigle

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

How about a cross-section through a muddy trench? A tank could be posed going over (and somewhat into) the trench, and infantry could be placed close underneath.

Another possibility is a snow scene, where you could have a snow-covered road surface bordered on one side by a wall of snow.

John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)

Reply to
guardian6

Just as I was going to suggest...something that suggests "three dimensions". A trench cross-section is a perfect example. Or a section of winding road upon a *steep* hillside. The market as already over-saturated with plain-Jane, flat bases....be they snow-covered, farmed field, street, etc.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

How about something along the lines of the hedgegroves in Normandy

Reply to
Daryl