ardennes armor

i haven't found many pics or descriptions of bulge battle armor. i've seen the sand with green and red stuff but it seems kind of unlikely it was all the same. cookie and guys. which units would be best to search for?

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:ferNl.310391$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-09.dc.easynews.com:

I'm dying to ask, which side?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

duh, the rosicrucians? i'm doing a rosie brummbahr and i want something beside the drab gray or the yeller with red and green. something that really sez it's here, it's cherman and it's a real bad mofo. no pasteboard white neither. speak, oh great one, steer me to the light. (ness)

Reply to
someone

r" wrote:> snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in

Unfortunately most of the ones I have are colored burned-out carbon black...

Seriously, do some research as a number of SS units like 2nd SS Panzer were there.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

ok, thanks cookie

Reply to
someone

ler" wrote:> snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in

One area to look at, go to U Tube and look up some of the pro Nazi newsreel stuff that is posted. you hit one armor clip and it goes to 'others like that' . Some photography is better than others, but you get an idea of what operationally it looked like from all the propaganda films out there. sort of a different source from all the other books out there. not to mention web sites.

Reply to
frank

thanks, i did that but there only seem to be b&w films.

Reply to
someone

Not my area but for what its worth . . .

The yellow colour on german armour was the base coat, applied at the factory, over which there were various camoflage pattern styles, in various colours, some based on 'spots' others on 'stripes' and 'blobs'. From memory they originally used a base of grey but by the time of D Day the yellow was (I think) standard.

Not much help I fear but all I have to offfer.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

"Mike Smith" wrote in news:gukequ$i41$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Grey gave way to dark yellow/olive green/dark red browm in '43. By the time of the Ardennes olve green was the base coat on which dark yellow and red brown was to be applied.

If the Germans had spent as much time mass prodcuing tanks as they did wrting camo regs...

Reply to
Gray Ghost