ISO30 -> JT33 spindle adaptor

Has anyone got an ISO30 Q/C to Jacobs JT33 adaptor that they'd like to convert into beer tokens?

The ISO30 Q/C is the version used in Bridgeport Interact and other cnc mills

The JT 33 is the one with a max fatness of about 16mm

Cheers,

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's why your having trouble finding one ..your calling it by an uncommon name. there are plenty on ebay ..RDG has them. use these search words.. INT30 INT-30

30INT 30-INT INTERNATIONAL-30 30-INTERNATINAL QC-30 you should get loads of hits on the first two. all the best....mark
Reply to
mark

You may well do, but while all ISO 30 are 30 int, not all 30 int are ISO 30. Cheers Tim (who has a 30 int mill and a QC30 mill ;-) )

Tim Leech

ummm ok well ....I was only trying to sort of aim him in the right direction. Once he has found these on ebay with my search terms he will be able to look at the pictures ..that's if the pics are good enough ..and compare and contrast with what he has already ..and hopefully make a good solid judgement for his needs. I'm speaking as a person who was in the same predicament a few months back.........by looking at various pics and descriptions on ebay .......I am now able to look at one in a picture and almost imediatly recognise it as the right one for my qc spindle when I was searching on ebay I found that hardly anyone described then as iso..........well you wont find many this way.. this is me trying to help to the best of my knowledge .......hope it does help...and I hope it helps you Andrew

al;l the best...mark

Reply to
mark

compare

months

imediatly

Mark,

In fact many of the variants are interchangeable but by no means all - especially on the QC spindle, where the drawbar thread is irrelevant but the ability of the 'flange' to pass through the QC retainer is vital. The only ones currently on eBay have the toolchanger groove (ie a double flange), so by no means certain that they will actually fit.

Needless to say eBay, J&L and WNT were looked at BEFORE the orignial post was made!!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew

Do you mean you couldn't find it, or didn't like the price?

J&L cat no. EQC-18206C £86.10!!

There's an outside chance I may have one spare, had a busy day patching up old boats but should get a chance to fight my way into the workshop tomorrow for a look. Don't build your hopes up too much, though!

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

"The only ones currently on eBay have the toolchanger groove (ie a double flange",

Yes you are correct........and this is a very rare week for this to happen.... just hang on in ......there will be many many more in the weeks to come. there are always hikup weeks on ebay......you'll get another week with

20 of em on therer

I'm sorry it's just your bad luck for this to happen on ebay this week.

have a look at this though first and give them a call they usually sell the adaptors on ebay for around =A317

all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

Tim,

No I didn't spot that - I think J&L's web site is ALMOST as bad as the new RS one ! Why didn't I look under 'Morse taper tooling' for an item that has NO morse taper - silly me As you imply the price suggests it's made of palladium.

If you do happen to have one proping up the keel of a narrow boat (do narrow boats have keels?) then it would be much appreciated.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I got a 30 int from rdgtools - the drawbar thread was unbelievably bad and whit, UNC or metric drawbars would not fit. Sent it back for a refund. Never got one. Live and learn. As someone said, wait around for ebay and pick a good un. Cheers Dave

Reply to
Dave Brook

No way. It's the absolute pits. Went on there tonight to order a new bandsaw blade and a couple more bits. Selected bandsaw blade, went to maker and there was a ferking great list, Dumont being one who don't even make bandsaw blades. so selected Lenox and got 5 pages of hits. Four pages of which were knurling tools.

Now I know you get a nice knurl IF you don't tighten the vise but how do J&L know this foible of mine ??

A search by length in inches produced a list of Greek symbols, so go to the last page and we get two bandsaw blades, one of which it states it's out of stock and they can't order as it no longer made.

So why the f*#k list it ???????????????

Now to split dies, can't find that category so a search for dies gets a big list with no link to where it's actually located. Quickest way to find anything is to look it up in the book, type the part number in and find out the prices don't match the book, not the flier , the book. One die in the book is £7.49 but £13.70 on the web.

This is the third time I have tried to order online, and the last. You get better discounts by web ordering but most times the discounts offered don't show up.

If you ring up and play hell you get far better prices anyway.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Sorry, it's BT30, won't fit.

The only way I found the item on the J&L site was looking at their 'virtual catalogue' with a rough idea beforehand of where to find it.

I bought a few of the new 30int adapters from RDG a couple of years ago, endmill and shell mill holders, most were fine but one was useless, they swapped it without a murmur. The ones I got do fit my QC30 spindle, though they weren't advertised as such.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech