Proper lube for Emco MAXIMAT lathe?

The manual for my Maximat lathe specifies "ESSO Nebula EP no. 1" as the proper lube for the headstock spindle and pulley bearings. Would this Dow Corning product be a suitable substitute?

I'm the third person to own this machine and would hate to mess things up, I can't check with the last owner as he retired and moved back to Germany.

Thanks! Charlie

Reply to
Charles Rowe

There are a couple of moderately active Yahoo groups on the Emco Maier lathes. I'd check there. I bet somebody has posted an equivalent.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White