Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

A friend who was "too friendly with the natives" got himself a good dose of the "crabs" back in the seventies in Africa. He was bemoning his condition and asked for a remedy. I told him to swab himself with parafin( not the wax, that smelly varsol/kerosene like stuff that is used as lamp fuel abont other things in the third world.

Next time I saw him he almost killed me - but I asked him "did it work"? He answered yes. "Will you be careless enough to catch then again, knowing the remedy?" He answered "HELL NO!!!!"

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Dale tells a crab story. What flashed thru my mind was the Vodca treatment: Apply vodca generously to the affected area and when the drunken lice come staggering out, you stab them with an ice pick.

A friend who was "too friendly with the natives" got himself a good dose of the "crabs" back in the seventies in Africa. He was bemoning his condition and asked for a remedy. I told him to swab himself with parafin( not the wax, that smelly varsol/kerosene like stuff that is used as lamp fuel abont other things in the third world.

Next time I saw him he almost killed me - but I asked him "did it work"? He answered yes. "Will you be careless enough to catch then again, knowing the remedy?" He answered "HELL NO!!!!"

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Hell Gunner,

At least the MythBusters proved some pissed off guy behind you couldn't have thrown a match in the stream you left and blown you up..:-)

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

As the "Riders in the Sky" call it...

Tool Kit In a Holster :-)

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

Lowe's carries it, and I think Depot does as well. Rather common these days, unistrut, power strut, etc.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hummm...maybe if I added some tranny fluid and that carefully horded

100lb sack of DDT....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Not as much trouble as using Moms douche bag hose to siphon gas for the minibike, then putting it back in place with a quick rinse....

Cringe...

Gunner, blanking out a very bad memory....

Reply to
Gunner

So why the f*ck didnt you put your oar in the water? You left me to deal with the fuctards all by my lonesome. Not that it was a big deal..but geeze....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 05:35:05 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Pete C." quickly quoth:

I went into Grover's Electric yesterday and they carried 2' sticks of the 7000 (low profile, 1-1/4", yellow cad plating) for $8.90 and 10' sticks for a whopping $37.75. DAMN! That's yellow cad, not freakin' gold plate. I'll keep looking/try the Borgs. Danke mucho, monsieur.

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I bought a single stick of deep Unistrut today (hate it when Im 1 short) from the local electrical supply house.

$8.97

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:32:19 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

I'll see if I can get better pricing from Platt Electrical Supply. There's one here in GP. Searching the Borg (Blowes and Homey's Despot) sites netted nothing. I hate their search engines with a passion. They're as useless as WalMart's search engine.

I tried raceway, unistrut, metal strap, metal channel, channel, metal brace, and a few others. NOGO.

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes, their search engines are terrible, and Depot at least doesn't include most non UPS shipable items online. Last time I got a 10' stick of the low profile stuff at Lowe's I believe it was in the $10 range as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:46:35 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Pete C." quickly quoth:

$10 vs. $38? That's great news.

It's raining today so I'm not working. Maybe I'll make that HF run and stop by the Lowes in Mudford...

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Home Depot and Lowes also carry it.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

He doesn't have an oar. E's Oarless!!!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The reccomend procedure in Alaska was to shave one side, then set the other on fire. Then you used an iceopick to get the survivors as they treid to escape the flames.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Used car salesmen, lawyers and politicians?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I skipped a .223 slug off the hood using the hood as a rest. The distance between the scope line of sight and the bullet path is kind of significant 3 feet from the muzzle...

In reference to the original problem, I would not recommend epoxy/fiberglass. I tried that on an old Dodge van that I had and it only held for a few weeks. I finally wound up brazing a patch on it.

Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
BobH

good old soft solder will be best - if you want more strength, you can screw the patch in place and solder over the screws - two or 3 screws will be enough

Reply to
William Noble

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week......

Paul

Reply to
Paul