Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

Naw ! That'd cause all them latent Brae-pit dino eggs to hatch.

Hummm...maybe if I added some tranny fluid and that carefully horded

100lb sack of DDT....

Gunner

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Hmm ... you want some challenging hunting? There you are. Something to justify that .475 A&M Magnum you have and have never been able to find something appropriate to hunt with it. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That little pistol - just about right for the Black Forest boar they have on the central coast! They have been running free from much for years and were imported for game hunts by a large news paper owner...

Martin

Mart> >>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Pistol? That was a *rifle* wildcat, 10,000 ft-lbs muzzle energy. The kick was said to be really punishing*. _Cartridges of the World_ (quite a few years ago -- 30+ I think) said "There is absolutely no need for a cartridge of this power for hunting anything on this planet." :-)

* Firing two or three shots rapid fire was said to be equivalent to going a similar number of rounds with a world heavyweight champ. :-)

I forget what cartridge it was based on, but I don't have one anyway. They *did* suggest that to go one better, you would need to base it on the .50 machine gun round. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Just remember...they hunt...in pairs.....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

JB weld works on a clean, dry surface, but I would remove the wood plug and replace with a metal plug. Or fill the tank with inert gas and solder/weld it shut. You first.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Funny, I just watched a fast forwarded version of that movie a day or two ago. Anyone doubt that if it could be done that people wouldn't pay BIG bucks to hunt something that lethal.

Bill

P.S. Just in case you're wondering what a 'fast forwarded version' is, it's where my TIVO records something it thinks I will like that I already have and I just speed through it to all of the 'good scenes' I remember. Usually I can watch the average blockbuster in 15 minutes ;)

Reply to
Bill

On 14 Jan 2008 04:45:33 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN. Nichols" quickly quoth:

Time to go offworld for larger game, huh? ;)

There's definitely a large "Ouch!" factor there.

.50 BMG pistol? That'd be a 100% kill rate. 50% of the target and 50% of the shooter, as his pistol came back and split his head.

On a lesser but still fun note, how about the nice little Taurus .45/410 pistola? It sure sounds like a handful.

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos shoed that Gunner wrote on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:07:19

-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

If it drained into the tar pits, two of those species were already extinct.

-- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ?Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Crimeny, I winced reading that and I don't even have those parts...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

gunner if you bought a packet or two of wrigleys chewing gum (it's sold all over australia, dont know about america) enjoyed chewing the gum into a big well masticated lump. you can plug the hole quite effectively with that. the fuel will harden it to rock in short time.

I'm told it works as a bush repair quite well.

Stealth ( I'd pick the spearmint ) Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 05:36:49 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, pyotr filipivich quickly quoth:

Yeah, two or three...

That sounds a lot like the style of Spider Robinson or Christopher Moore. Moore's _Coyote Blue_ is great if you have any interest in Native American things...with a twist. And his _The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove_ left me out of breath and totally drained of (a gallon of) happy tears.

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Stealth Pilot fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

OUR Wrigley's gum was made from chicle, and dissolved immediately in gasoline. Now it's made from butadiene rubber, and does the same; just a bit more slowly.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Naw, e's just pinin' for the fjoards.

Reply to
John Husvar

All this time I thoght e's pinin' for a Cebby! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep -- support the space effort -- or your local Tardis. :-)

[ ... ]

Agreed. Though again, I was not talking about pistols. :-)

I nearly got knocked on my ass firing a .458 Winchester Magnum. Two shots of mild practice loads, and one full bore. I started that one leaning as far forward on one foot as I could manage, with the other foot out behind me, and ended up toppling far enough back to almost overbalance on that other foot. And a 4" sapling about fifteen degrees to the right of my point of aim toppled after being hit.

Of course -- I weighed a *lot* less than. Perhaps 160 lbs, and I'm now about 210-220. :-)

I was not willing to try the .357 Magnum Derringer which someone brought to where I used to shoot. :-) Just too little mass in the hand for too much recoil. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Are you brain damaged? Did you stick your mouth under the dripping gas tank and try to save it that way? Is this the reason you're so f****ng stupid and such a retarded idiot?

Do you have a mop pail in your home? How about a metal cooking pot? With the cost of gas these days, I would have drained the gas into anything that holds liquids, then gone to the nearest hardware store, walmart, kmart, dollar general, convenience store, or whatever was open, and bought some gas cans or pails really fast. Or what about calling the fire department, they have pails and would have been there in an instant.

It's not only the price of the gas, but the pollution you caused, and heaven forbid anyone drops anything flammable down a storm sewer for several miles downstream. This is not a joke. Years ago I lived a mile from a gas station. They were getting their tanks filled when there was a spill in the amount of 200 to 300 gallons. The gas got into the storm sewers. Our house, (a mile away) began to fill with gasoline fumes. By the time we thought it was bad enough to call the fire department, we got a knock on the door and it was the Fire Dept. telling us they were shutting off our natural gas at the meter to kill all pilot lights, we were to open all house windows, especially the basement windows, and went to our basement and pulled the main breaker. The whole area was filled with emergency vehicles, and all fire hydrants were opened to flush the storm sewers. People closer to the gas station were evacuated entirely.

The odor was very strong and concentrated in our and our neighbors homes because we lived downhill, and at the end of the sewer line because that's where the roads ended before a park. The gas had accumulated down near our (end of the road, bottom of hill) pipes, and due to the way the raingutters were piped into the storm sewers, the fumes entered the basements of these homes.

For some reason, people who had sump pumps got the fumes worse, so many of those homes were evacuated. We did not have a sump pump, but the fumes were still very strong. This affected homes several miles away. It was only due to the fire dept. flushing the pipes that there were no explosions or disasters.

You sir, deserve the "stupidest idiot of the year" award !!!!! (and yet you got the nerve to make a joke of it) !!!! You should be locked up in a prison cell or mental asylum before you kill someone !

Reply to
anonymous

gawd do you americans ever get anything right?

I'd be a disaster in your country. nothing would stick together, things would fall apart all the time and the fuel tanks would keep on leaking.

you guys still have binder twine and bailing wire dont you?

bugger me, that's it! I've been trying to get leaks out of my marvel schebler carby setup on the tailwind for a year now. been driving me nuts. the bloody thing is american!

Stealth (you guys is too tricky for me) Pilot :-)

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Actually. it was repeated exposure to California liberals that has caused certain areas of my brain to go dormant.

No, and yes.

Nothing close was open..and driving a vehicle with a pissing hole in the gas tank is contra indicated.

They would have gotten out a hose, and flushed it into the drains. This is not my first rodeo.

200-300 gallons, as opposed to what was left in a 20 gallon tank after a 35 mile ride with a .250 hole in the bottom of it. Oh hell yes...they are exactly the same.

Basement? Whats that?

Downhill? Flat as a billiard table here. Basements?

Yes, I really should. Why not come and do it?

Gods I love watching the spittle spray as you spew. You squint your eyes and they go in all directions. Impressive.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

"Stealth Pilot" wrote: (clip) you guys still have binder twine and bailing wire dont you? (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Bailing wire is used for emptying water from a boat. Baling wire is used for tying up a boat. I don't think it will stop a gasoline leak. ;-)

Reply to
Leo Lichtman