Pure gas in my metal van engine

Having LOTS of trouble starting my 1995 Chevrolet van with the metal 350 engine.

Switched from 87 octane 10% ethanol to 91 octane pure gas. Now, it starts like it's supposed to.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Then I'd say you have a problem with the engine that will probably only get worse. I have a 1993 Chevy pickup with an ancient 350 that starts great on the 87 octane gas w/ethanol. I also have over 20 other engines around here that work well on the same stuff. Even the old push type rotary mower started on the first pull after sitting for 2 years!

Reply to
Pete S

You're right on time. Today (Monday Oct 21) the exhaust sheared, just front of the muffler. And it runs very poorly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon