Question about Mitutoyo Pocket Test Indicator

I just got a new Mitutoyo Pocket Test Indicator. It has the switch on
the side to change the rotation of the contact point. The question I
have is that when I move the switch to change the rotation the pointer
moves from the 0 position to the 3 O'clock position clockwise. It is a
total of about .0025". I can of course re-zero the dial but I thought
that when changing the direction switch that the 0 would remain almost
constant with maybe a little movement of the bezel to re-zero. When
this happens the zero is now perpendicular to the axis of the test
indicator. I did not expect it to move 90 degrees clockwise. Is this
common or is there something wrong with this test indicator? Thanks,
Steve
Reply to
Steve