Question about Mitutoyo Pocket Test Indicator

I just got a new Mitutoyo Pocket Test Indicator. It has the switch on the side to change the rotation of the contact point. The question I have is that when I move the switch to change the rotation the pointer moves from the 0 position to the 3 O'clock position clockwise. It is a total of about .0025". I can of course re-zero the dial but I thought that when changing the direction switch that the 0 would remain almost constant with maybe a little movement of the bezel to re-zero. When this happens the zero is now perpendicular to the axis of the test indicator. I did not expect it to move 90 degrees clockwise. Is this common or is there something wrong with this test indicator? Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve