Mitutoyo test indicator repair

I have a model 513-212 which needed a good clean. I don't know how to disassemble the bezel which is not strictly necessary. However I do need to know which direction I should tension the indicator hand staff upon re-assembly. Anyone know? Thanks, John.

Reply to
John

I know nothing specifically about your question but I am prety sure that hairsprings are usually tensioned in the windup direction which tends to wind the coil smaller. It also seems that a rotating pointer should be tensioned in a manner that pulls it back toward the zero point. Hopefully someone else has better information.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Reply to