Finally Xmas

My request for a Xmas present was a plasma cutter. Things got busy and milady never had time to shop. So I just got this little one today.

Don't know much about plasma tables except I'd like to have one. I'm sure there will be questions in a few days.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Good source of info on CNC plasma tables, both commercial and home built (also retrofit).

I'm finishing up building a small one currently. Nominal 2' x 3' cutting area, fully enclosed, water table, powered by a Hypertherm Powermax

1000, controls from cancnc.com and Mach3 software.
Reply to
Pete C.

That would be

and

Pete C.

I just came back from the camsoft forum on CNCzone. Spend most of my NG time there now. I'll be using camsoft because I'm so familiar with it. Now, I have no idea how the torch height control units should work. Plus I've never touched a plasma cutter.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Couldn't help you there. From what I've seen, outside of some of the commercial plasma tables with their own software, Mach3 is by far the most popular control software, used on a number of commercial tables, nearly all DIY tables and most retrofits of older commercial tables.

Reply to
Pete C.