This must be possible!

Hi, help needed,
I have two plastic parts which operate together as a hinge. However, I want
to mould them as one rigid part where a small bridge is snapped on assembly
to allow them to move as two parts and form a hinge.
My question is:
At present is it designed as two parts mated together in the overall
assembly ... Is it possible for me to combine these two parts together
somehow and form a new single part which the toolmakers could use. Obviously
I could re-model the item as one part but it is quite complicate and will be
time consuming so I'm hoping there is a short cut.
SW2005 SP3.0
Thanks ... Roger
Reply to
Alphadraw
Hi, you can save an assembly as a part, or you could insert a new part into the assembly and use the 'join' command to create your combined thing.
Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - Factory
see 'creating a joined part' in the SW help.
Reply to
neil
Hi All,
OK I have found how to do it - Combine Parts - obvious really
Thanks anyway
Roger
Reply to
Alphadraw