I must be on crack?

I just downloaded SP1.1 and it installed and worked just fine. But....my long awaited bug fix is not there:(

All I wanted and hoped for from SP1.1 is that hole callouts would start calling out thread pitch again for metric tapped holes!?? My Var told me this was a bug and going to get fixed.

What's even more hard for me to believe is that so little is being said about it here in the newsgroup?

So here are my list of possible reason's.

1, nobody uses prints anymore.

2, nobody uses metric fasteners.

3, nobody gives a shit about thread pitch of metric tapped holes and find it unnecessary to spec out.

4, nobody gives shit if they have to do manual text edits when detailing tapped callouts and think it adds job security by creating more work for them.

5, I don't do prints, I just make swoopy stuff and that's all I care about.

6, I'm on crack and don't know how to use hole feature callouts.

So what do you think the reason is?

MB

Reply to
McBurger

All of the above?

Reply to
Sporkman

perhaps most of us have just moved on to a later stage in the Kubler-Ross heirarchy.

You've move thru denial and anger; it appears that you're now in the bargaining stage. The bad news is that depression comes next, but acceptance comes eventually...

Reply to
Michael

I vote for number 6.

Reply to
Richard Charney

This goes for most of my clients, thread pitch for 'non-standard' only i.e. cylinder rod threads.

but yes, thread call out is a mess.

-- Andy Rodgers Lintech Sevices

Reply to
Andy Rodgers

If you look at the hole wizard choices for a M10 tapped holes, they list

1.0, 1.25, & 1.5 as the tread pitch options. I know some pitches are more common than others, but I'm not sure I would call any of them standard and assume that what you want is going to automatically get tapped into a part without a pitch callout. Most shops I work with would end up calling me and requesting it called out on the print.

There are also a lot of common metric pitch callouts that aren't even available in hole wizard. Yes, I agree, thread callout and a lot of other parts of detailing in SW have become a mess and have not been getting the attention they deserve.

MB

Reply to
McBurger

Or, maybe the programmers just don't give a rats !!! and that's the problem

Add 5 and 6 "I'm on crack and just make swoopy stuff"

Kman

Reply to
Kman