RAF formation flight training

We're having so much fun with this in rec.aviation.military I want to share it here:

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

ROFLMAO!!

Watch the Bosch peddle furiously away into a cloud bank!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Look out for the stocky fellow mumbling tank, tank, tank. ;)

Wes

Wes

It is a 1942 photo of teenage cadets in the Air Training Corps, we think taken at RAF Benny Hill.

vroom, vroom, dadadadadat jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Benny Hill? :) Wasn't there a comedian using that stage name? ROTFLMA

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Wes fired this volley in news:oBIFn.310090 $ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-02.dc.easynews.com:

I think we need another "VRRRROOOOOM" here, as this one obviously flew right over his head!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

As a side and more seious note..I wonder how many of those lads were still alive by 1946?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If you've seen the blue angels or thunderbirds rehearsing, this doesn't seem so silly.

It does *look* silly, though.

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

Thanks for sharing. That sure is creative, and of course they have a much shorter take off taxi.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can be Burns Gracie at times ;)

Wes

Wes

Wes fired this volley in news:wb0Gn.250575 $ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-08.dc.easynews.com:

Or maybe even Gracie Burns!

(Say "goodnight", Gracie.)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
èx?u?]k?0?ïý§0Ê6?]eNKéÖ XzQ?SÍ4O\[ü÷??ÞôîÍÇó?ðÆóv[?>¶¬?9u!x?iÌhH©ÓßVÙ$?ª+à???QÈñÐê²O¼¥XM¥MdÃ4(x-Ðe-°$¹ª§¥M?åñòQ¬¼q{ßÜ@ndkóêÕf]®?²U¯? ùÿÍ °?0pTRòò??O?"??4|ùÙ}÷Õ$xZ,?hÍq?h?H??3Óõlo¯?ë
Reply to
Bob

Considerably cheaper and safer than doing same in Hurricanes or even Tiger Moths for introducing formation work...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand