Rave: Lincoln Electric customer support

The last item of shop stuff I was worried about was my Lincoln SP-255 MIG welder. I looked in the manual and wasn't clear about the specs. One line, if I followed the format of the previous line: voltages/voltage/Hz, seemed to indicate a frequency of 575 Hz. Knowing that couldn't be and having never heard of anyone running that particular line voltage, I emailed Lincoln to ask if this was a misprint and it could be rewired for 230/50 Hz. (Gunner informed me 575 volts is Canadian)

Got a response the next day informing me that no, it wouldn't work. I replied this morning asking if they sell in Australia and if so, what would be the equivalent welder. Got a response this afternoon listing 2 imported models, one locally built model, and the Australian contact info.

In this day and age, when I've badgered companies 4-5 times for a response (and sometimes given up in frustration), it's nice to see a US company that takes customer support seriously and responds in a timely manner. Bummed I can't take my welder, but I am going to buy another Lincoln down under!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson