Reality TV

Isn't:

jon_banquer

Every fukn reality TV show ever made was fake... including This Old House, altho TOH at least had some redemptive educational value.

TOH actually SHOWED ITSELF to be fake, with an out-take-blooper series, showing just how fukn long it REALLY took -- and how many fukn STAFFERS it really took -- to change a fukn light bulb.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB ON TOH??????

Oh, about a whole day, with about 30 staffers, in 25 different "takes".... LOL!!!!!! I hyperbolize, of course, but really, not by much....

Oh, oh, And we'll just have Chico run a wire from "here to there", for a ceiling-ful of pot lighting -- in a plaster/lathe house..... One hour later it's all done. My g-d wife bugged me for MONTHS to put up pot lighting, until I *finally* was able to drum it into her head that that "wire from here to there" would be $4,000 and full week of work, all by itself, and the rest of the job would proly be another month and another $10,000.

'Member that spate of pot lighting on TOH, HGTV??? Every time you turned on the fuknTV, some yupsterized muthafucka was getting pot lighting retrofitted..... jesus christ...... Heh, needless to say, no fukn pot lighting in the AngstHouse....

Inyway, the REAL purpose of Reality TV is to show just how low we as a species can sink. It would appear that the Mariana's Trench is not nearly deep enough.

Except of course for RuPaul.... I would marry RuPaul, as long as he stayed in drag.... LOL

Oh, oh, don't get me started on The Biggest Loser..... holy shit..... Dat bullshit show is tantamount to a national health crisis.... poss. THE most "dangerous" show EVER aired. The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest has more health value than TBL. When you "win" on TBL, you have likely crippled yourself for life.

Eric Chopin, rahcheer in LI, lost over 1/2 his body weight, then had to get TWELVE POUNDS of dangling skin surgically removed, *and then gained the weight back*..... Dat fukn guy now has skin like the membrane of an over-inflated ballon..

Also, these Sat afternoon truck mod shows on Spike, with the checkerboard flooring cleaner than my kitchen countertops??? Gimme a fukn break wit dat bullshit.....

And, frankly, Network News is proly not that much better or more ackerit than RealityTV. And f*ck PBS, as well, with their bullshit '60s music fund raising retrospectives, and that conartist Dr. Wayne "Barefoot" Dyer, who can't even remember the names of his 8 kids.....

You look at the zoned-out gap-mouthed audience at a Dyer TaoDaoMao carnival, and I swear to god they look like they're waiting -- expectantly -- for someone to shove a big c*ck in sed gap-mouths..... Dyers's c*ck, in particular. Have you seen that deranged muthafucka prance around the stage, barefoot, in his Ninja outfit??????? What fukn person with a GED would listen to that bullshit????????????????????

Sheeeit, Now I need a bunch of quaaludes....

Reply to
Existential Angst

I disagree...redneck reality tv like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo show America what conservatives really are like.

And Boo Boo...she gets marriage proposals from her...cough cough..fans...real ones.

Apparently conservatives can't get them young enough. =========================================================

Reality TV crosses all party, all demographic lines. It is a near-universal mind toxin.

Reply to
Existential Angst

You can watch some TV on your computer for free. Hulu.com, Crackle.com and some network programs only require a good internet connection. An internet ready Blu-Ray player will do what the Roku does, as well as play DVD & Blu-Ray disks for about the same price. they come with an ethernet port, and some have wireless capability without a USB dongle.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There are a lot of options, as you say, for internet TV. An internet ready blu-ray player powered by Google TV or one of the other interfaces is an option I considered. However, my wife is a technophobe and the simplicity of the Roku interface was appealing. Also the Roku gives you lots of freedom to add and configure channels and other plug-ins. You can install the free Plex plugin on the Roku and Plex software on you computer and stream content such as photos, DVDs or Blu-Rays from your computer to the TV. Another advantage of the Roku is it can convert all content to use on an old, non-HD tv (one of our TVs is an old 32" CRT and has its own Roku)

Reply to
anorton

You use the remote to turn on the Blu-Ray player. If you don't insert a disk, a menu comes up to let you browser several free or pay services. It's about as difficult as watching a DVD, once it's been connected to the net & configured. It took me about two minutes to configure, when I first took it out of the box.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell