REALLY LOUSY VIDEO of the mill ACTUALLY MOVING in 2-D

I survey the area around me and can make testament that the law is as as strong as gravity.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You may want to leave this on until the air bubbles are all out, and the edges of the ways are weeping oil out.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Yeah, what I was getting at is that putting too much functionality into one device (phone, PDA, camera, ipod, email/net browser, etc.) and eventually it starts to do all of the above poorly. I don't even HAVE a cell phone. First, I was worried about vague rumors of an EMI hazard, now the damn things just don't work! I get these calls where there's nobody there, and if you wait a while, a recorded message comes on "please wait while Glimmelfarb Networks connects your call"! So, the stupid $5/month cell network can't afford enough backbone bandwidth to build a circuit until the called party ANSWERS the call! Well, the hell if I'm going to wait for them to buy network resources to connect whoever the hell is calling me! Sheesh! I'm fed up.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Good idea. Iggy needs to look at all mating surfaces and look for oil. Many machines have been seriously hurt by one plugged oiling port.

Wes

Wes

No, this was originally a CNC machine, not a manual retrofit. Older Bridgeport BOSS 3-axis heads have the ballscrew track ground RIGHT INTO the quill. The nut is a massive sleeve riding on a pair of tapered roller bearings around the quill.

Some other machines, like the Ez-Track, use a more common manual head, but install a ballscrew as close to the quill as possible, where the stop rod goes on the standard manual head. That's what I did on my retrofit, too, and it works pretty well.

The 2-axis BOSS machines had the ghastly "spindle wizard" which was a turret stop and air cylinder, totally useless for most real CNC work, but again it can be retrofitted with a ballscrew.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Boy, tell me about it! My whole shop looks like that, EXCEPT the mill table.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I'm rather irritated that the Palm line of PDA's died with a model that can't do WPA wifi afaikt. My Palm did a fine job doing it's part and my cell phone did fine making calls.

The darned Treo was too small, had a stupid chicklet keyboard, and was a sign my tool of choice for jotting down info was a pachyderm.

I like tools that do one thing well. While I have a few swiss army knifes, I'd rather carry a real knife, screwdriver, ect.

The Palm sucked as a MP3 player even using Aeroplayer but my Sansa E200 and E250 have rocked as MP3 players after I rock boxed them

Wes

Wes

Yes, I will try that - leaving it on for a while.

Ignoramus23878

Mine works pretty well. It even has a decent photo camera.

Reply to
Ignoramus23878

This is a real CNC machine, it was such from the beginning. It does not look like a retrofitted manual machine like some other Bridgeports. It is actually very well made, they did not take many shortcuts.

Ignoramus23878

mill bed. ;)

The table on my manual BP also does not look like this.

Stop by for a beer one day.

Ignoramus23878