Update on the "motorized knee" project

I made a knee dog clutch adaptor.

Unfortunately, I screwed up the first one, because I turned the shaft doameter down too much (all too familiar story).

Had to make another one. It was a milling and drilling operation, then more drilling on the lathe, then making a slot for the metric shaft key.

The second one fits the gear motor just fine.

Pictures are here.

I also put an encoder on the motor.

There is still a lot of work. First of all, it is possible that I made some other mistake and need to redo something. Second, I need to put a servo drive in, connect the encoders, and more importantly, do limit and home switches correctly.

Ignoramus30447

--Very nice! How d'you plan to connect the dots and mount the motor to the knee?

Reply to
steamer

I do not know yet. I just need to have an arm of some kind, to prevent it from spinning around the shaft. I thought about it, but have not decided yet.

Ignoramus30447