Really short screwdriver

I was removing a screw where there wasn't enough room for a regular screwdriver. The offset screwdriver got it loose, but then wouldn't ratchet once it was loose. I needed a Really Short Screwdriver, so I made one:

bit of nylon from the scrap pile, a 15/64 hole, and a hex bit pressed in. Works nice. Rev 2 will have knurling or scallops for a better grip. And maybe just an embedded hex socket, so any bit could be used. Yeah! When I get around to it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

My RSS *was* cheap and I that's something that I value. But it was/is things more important than that. It was fast (5 minutes, maybe) when I needed it right away and even waiting for MSC to deliver it the next day was undesirable. And most importantly, it was way more satisfying than buying it. To have the idea of how to make it, then make it, and have it work just the way you needed, well, that's what it's all about for me.

That's what it's all about for a lot (most?) of us.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt