bandsaw fix

I bought one of the import 4X6 bandsaws some time ago. It was certainly much better than hacksawing but I was very frustrated by the blade constantly coming off the wheels anytime I tried an aggressive cut speed. I tried different blades, different speeds, and adjusting the blade guide roller bearings as well as the non-driven wheel height/angle all multiple times but still had the problem Today I finally got sick of it. I took off the drive wheel and lathed up a mount mandrel. I used the compound at 5 degrees to cut a new face on the wheel such that the blade will want to stay on when a force is applied. Prior to the cut it indicated out as being tapered the wrong direction by a degree or 2. Now the saw cuts perfect. If I ask too much of the saw, the blade will slip on the wheel but it won't self eject. Just a note to the others if they are having the same problem.

Bill H

Reply to
Mr. Bla

I was having a similar problem with mine. Yesterday, I decided to change the blade. I did, and fired it up. WANG! Blade went flying. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Then I got to dicking with the adjustment screws. What I thought was an adjustment screw (machine bolt) actually was the one that holds the thing on. It was waaaaay out. Tightened it. Examined very closely at just how it was set up, and how it works, and now no problems.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B