$75 4x6 bandsaw at Harbor Freight

Looks like Harbor Freight is changing the venerable 4x6 bandsaw from the
green model they've sold for years (37151) for an improved (?) red one:

The old one isn't on the Web site but the manual still is:

Anyway, I found the old one on sale for $75 at the local store while they
last. Cheap enough I just bought one for parts.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
I suspect that the price is almost entirely based on shipping costs and the markup the seller wants to make. Certainly, the same basic design seems to vary by a factor of four in price, based on no significant change in specification. It's like Ebay, wait until you see one at a price you are happy with. I paid about half the current UK going rate for mine and (once I'd cleaned the gearbox out and put proper 1000cST oil in it) it does sterling work for me.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
I'll have to check for one. My old style green one has been great, certainly worth the normal sale price I paid.
Reply to
Pete C.