Lenox 4x6 bandsaw blades in Canada

For years, I've been using Morse blades from Princess Auto (usually bought on sale for about $12) on my 4x6 bandsaw. These have been OK, but lately the quality seems to have deteriorated. Of the last batch of six I bought, four failed at the weld after a very short time and two were too short to even go on the saw.

I understand from past RCM posts that Lenox blades are the way to go, but I haven't been able to find a source for these in Canada. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Harry

Reply to
Harry Davidson

They are available - at least here in the west (BC). Keep looking. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Thanks for the response, Ken. I'm in the west too (Alberta). Where do you get yours?

Harry

Reply to
Harry Davidson

KBC will make any blade you want, but in the long run the more expensive (Starret) is the best deal. My present Starret has been in hobby use for 2 years, run dry, jammed, twisted and in general not well treated and still cutting good enough for me.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Hayes

I believe I got them from Acklands/Grainger but I have since switched to Starrett - no particular reason. For a start in your search try this

Ken Davey

Reply to
Machineman

I dunno if Enco has warehouses in Canada, but they have Kennametal 8% Cobalt Aggressor Bi-metal blades on sale in this month's flyer. They're shown as 5' 4-1/2" x 1/2" .020" $11.69, .025" and .035" are $12.79 and $13.29. (vari-tooth, wavy and straight types)

Reply to
Wild Bill