Reloading equipment WTB/Trade/Swap

I never really had the chance to work much with rifles, just no easy access to a range. But, it has always been on my wish list.

I did find that in 41 and 44 with reduced loads, WAY down on the scale, the use of magnum primers is necessary to get reliable ignition. I've had 44's squib on me because of powder position---the charge didn't ignite but the primer pushed the bullet half way into the barrel jamming the cylinder. I don't futz with mouse loads in big cases anymore.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Indeed. Anything under about 800 fps is a mouse load. As I recall..you were loading the 45 at about 600 or so. Those become critcal in making sure the burn actually occurs.

The 41 can be loaded as hot or hotter than the 44...but neither really arnt a hell of a lot of fun to shoot, are too powerful for self defense and are only good for big game or metallic sillouette.

Shrug. Keep the numbers in mid range and you wont have any issues.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I start low and slowly work up. Groups get tighter. I slowly work up until groups start to enlarge. That's my load for that bullet, powder, primer and length. Change anything and repeat. Sometimes there is a big window until the group starts to enlarge.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That works great with a rifle. Not so much with a handgun.

Shrug

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

YOU are the one "exactly like Gunner". Anytime you don't like a thread, you make some baseless personal charges that you can know nothing about and then morph the subject with each post.

That's Gunner; that's you. Birds of a feather; mindless zealots for extreme political positions and brother trolls.

My "horseshit" was to say most of the world is struggling financially. If you want to dispute that - it's up to YOU to prove that what everyone sees in their daily experience isn't the case. Come on, little troll. Tell us about how much the economy has improved under Obama. Not two guys in Peoria got a job flipping burgers, give us some indisputable big stuff.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

The facts are:

  1. You started with "Well, this IS the Obama economy after all. Everyone is having trouble." That is patently untrue, as I for one am NOT having trouble. Quite the opposite, and I'm hardly alone.
  2. Rather than own up to your first exaggeration, you doubled down and added that "Obama promised to make it all better in his first couple months in office."

No, they're your claims, therefore it's your job to prove them. You can't, and you'll never even try beyond writing more horseshit.

OK, apparently you're back to claiming that "everyone", which includes you and I, is having financial troubles. I KNOW you can't prove any troubles for me, but feel free to post evidence of YOUR troubles. But don't forget that you already pretended not to have any. In response to my telling you that I was financially secure, you wrote: "Have you ever pondered the possibility that you ain't the only one? And it ain't just you and me, Bunky."

Now make up your tiny mind. Are you one of the "not just and me" you say are NOT having financial troubles, or are you one of the "everyone" you claim ARE having financial troubles?

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

You still be funny. Denying what's obvious to everyone.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Next time put a plug in your ass as your run away to spare us the farting.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

You be funny.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

I'm so glad to hear Obama fixed the economy. I didn't know that.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Yeah, he fixed it like you fix your tom cat. Wait for the great unwashed to notice that the termination of the 2% FICA reduction is indeed a tax on the middle class.

Reply to
rbowman