Reloading Powder problems with 223

Naw... It's just for entertainment.

Reply to
Richard

Dunno know, stormo.

They did have a lot on the shelves - for a while. At the original pre-problem prices, too.

But it's trickling down now. They might be getting out of the arms market all together.

We'll see what next year brings.

Reply to
Richard

Strangely enough, that's right about the same as what I'm seeing here.

30-30 loaded ammo $15/50 (Wally World) or ~$25/50 online at Alamo Ammo.

Well, dunno about the tiny bullet prices. :) seems reasonable.

Richard

I was in Walmart, a day or two ago. They did have some ammo in the locked display case. Not sure if it's getting much better. Only a few calibers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And you'd likely know the old Revolutionary war marching song "do your balls hang low..."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hmm. We are expected to believe this? Musta been some heck of a stroke.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm going to stick with hand measuring each charge because 5% margin is not all that wide.

But it would be real nice if the powder dumper could hit the right weight each time by itself. I wouldn't have to trickle on some, or worse, take some out. That's what kills time.

That motor sounds like a fairly cleaver idea too, as long as it doesn't spark off the powder.

... careful chemist...

Reply to
Richard

Wish you were closer. I'd like to get out to your range with you some time, and pick (what's left of) your brain, if nothing else.

Find any spare spear hafts in there?

Why wouldn't she have told you, or put them in your office chair, where you couldn't miss 'em?

Are you taking apart all the assemblies in boxes? Th' fookers hide well. We had millions in the old Victorian home I rented in Phoenix back in '72, and it took a gallon of Old Indian Head bug juice to kill 'em all. All the restaurants were using it there and it worked very well.

Ouch! So, were the kids' mattresses and blankies at the church checked? If it wasn't from your house, where was it from?

So, is that couple paying for the damned fumigation, I hope? Or have they been banished already? (family or not, ya just can't have that)

You bet! Locally, some folks are finding army worms invading their yards and killing everything, including lawns.

THAT's the attitude!

Oh, good. I guess those paid the fumigation bill.

That was stocking up for today's times and the garage sale. Kinda like squirrels, and the parallels are many there. ;>

WE BELIEVE!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

W748, $24 H335, $23

100 Remington 223 new brass, $28 Nosler Varmageddon 55gr, 500 for $65

some stuff I didn't buy but remember the price. Primers $35/1000

223 loaded ammo, $10-$12 / 20

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Your ignorance of medical issues continues to astound me.

You do..do know what a stroke is...right?

Tell us all what a stoke is..and what its effects Can Be

educate us all, if you would be so kind.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Not bad...not great..but not bad

See above.

See above.

Ouch!!

The most Ive ever paid for them was $20 a brick..I generally bought them for $12 a brick at the gun shows. Im glad Ive some extra tucked away. A lot of extra in fact.

Double Ouch. It wasnt long ago that it was $0.15 a round.

50 cents a round...outch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Stroke is what Gillette Gently does.

(right after Noxema creamed your face.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The biggie is that I saved the $27.50 hazmat fee. I would have bought more powder but I want to try both of them and see what works best in what I have. Besides what I bought, I have about 2.5 lbs of Varget, had lots of spills with it bridging the case neck. I'll find a little motor and put something out of balance on the shaft to vibrate the measure when I use Varget, maybe that will do the trick. I also like the Varget for my 22-250.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Gunner Asch on Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:28:04 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Bless are the diorganized, for they are always making wonderful discoveries."

pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Sun, 27 Oct 2013 00:40:04 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Damn - I wish I could afford a road trip.

pyotr filipivich

My door is always open to you.

And we can even do stuff to your truck again.

Or you can help me pull the heads. I need a valve job done. Got one with a hole in it.

Oh..Ive added some Stuff since you were here last

And I still have a G3 magazine tucked away in a cabinet..or was it a FAL that someone left here.

Ive only used about 1/4 of a layer in that case of 1939 dated 8mm ammo . Thats what Ill be shooting out of the 2 that I found. Most of them have fired well enough. Not all..but most. Burned up what I have shot, in the FN49 and a 1915 commercial civilian sporter marked Kornbush and Co. (Pre DWM). Shoots jacketed fine..cast...not so good. Thin rifling. Shrug. Its not..not wear..the gun is virtually NOS..but its got the shallowest rifling Ive ever seen in anything other than a Marlin 22. Da Krauts..de sometimes fukked up!

Oddly enough...while I was inventorying the guns..I seem to have a crap load of 8mm rifles for some reason. More than 6. And I never cared very much for 8mm...shrug. Life is sometimes very....strange.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

50 cents is pricy, but he just paid 55 cents a round for the components. He would have been better off passing on the new brass and buying the boxed rounds instead. Paul K. Dickman
Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Ill have to dig out my reloading calculator...sure thats right?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'd have to look again to be sure but the cheapest, $0.50/rd, was probably steel case non-reloader friendly ammo. The PMC brass case boxer primed was higher. So the first shot may cost $0.55 with quality powder & bullets, the next shots are $0.26 with quality components. I figure the ammo I reload is closer to the quality of the more expensive, or at least mid priced, of the ammo, not the bargain basement stuff.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Try BGMicro.com, cellphone vibrator motors for 79 cents!

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge