Remembering turn direction on acetylene bottles

And old mopars, and old oldsmobiles, among other automotive brands.

Reply to
clare

It was a relief to find out what that cramped cage and the barbaric implements around it were really used for.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Story time: Dad had a fellow from deep East Texas working for him, James Bird by name. The man was not large, about 180#, 6 ft., but man, he was strong. Dad gave him the job of changing all the tires on the bobtail truck, and he finished it in about 3 hours using just the hand tools we had, including a couple heavy tire irons and a sledge. Dad was really impressed until he tried to drive the truck. Every wheel was bent, and you couldn't go over about 20 mph without shaking to death.

I don't remember how we got that fixed. I guess there are shops that can straighten them.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I treat them as a special case, and tell myself to tighten them when removing, and tell myself to loosen them when tightening.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Or used rims from a wreck.