Retired!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

OTOH, if you know what you are doing, you know _why_ this thing isn't working.

pyotr filipivich

Ha-ha! Yes, that's a good point. It certainly applies to fly-fishing equipment, too.

In fact it's something has happened to many hobbies and passtimes. The amount of money you can spend on them today, if you're inclined that way, is amazing. But it doesn't make much difference in how much fun you have, in my experience.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's what I try to tell my offspring when they tell my I need better machines, i.e. grinder made from a double shaft 1/4 HP motor

50+ years ago or 1/6 HP 3/8" bench top drill press upgraded with a 1/3 HP motor, 1/2" chuck and a 66" column w/ CI base on casters.
Reply to
geraldrmiller

That's what I've always aimed for. The more you know about something, the more likely it is that you know how it works and can fix it, fake it, or just say 'f*ck it' as necessary.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Some people actually plan for retirement by living on less than their income. This allows for saving and investing. If you save 65% of your income you can retire in less than 11 years. If you save 50% of your income you can retire in 16 years. If you save 35% of your income you can retire in 25 years. If you don't save, you can retire on Social security.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks for sharing the Clinton economic plan for America.

Reply to
Allah's Cock Bar