Rotary Table Best VS Bang

I'm debating accepting a job which could benefit from a rotary table larger than the one I currently own.

I am curious as to who make the bests vs who make the best bang for your buck. It seems like so far (from very limited researching) that falls to Yuasa and Phase II respectively. I am sure I could do this particularly job effectively with a cheap Grizzly rotary table, but I don't have the time these days to screw around with it.

That aspect of the job is actually fairly simple. I could do it by making an indexing fixture plate and index the job to the plate, but it would be a single use tool. A rotary table would allow for faster indexing, a more efficient job, and be useful for other projects in the future.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Both Yuasa and Phase II make good rotary tables. They are a good value. I bought a Phase II to use as a 4th axis and so ended up putting a servo motor and encoder on it. But not only did I check it out very well before making the parts to couple the servo to it I also have used it as a manual table when I needed a smaller one. Years ago, just for fun, I bought a 4 inch rotary table that was of dubious quality. I bought it to make into a good rotary table. It was a lot of work to make it accurate and smooth. Much better to just buy one that is already of good or high quality. If you ever use the rotary table for milling a trick that has worked well for me is to make an extension arm for the handwheel. The arm increases the radius of the handwheel by mounting the handle at the end of the arm and the arm is mounted to the face of the handwheel be using the existing tapped hole and an added tapped hole. Because the radius is so much larger it makes turning the handwheel easy and smooth. And smooth motion is what you want when milling. Eric

Reply to
etpm