Sawzall for cast iron?

Probly some newsgroups where you can get advice on this repair--IIRC, the glues used in string instruments often can be softened by a process using steam and old rags, but Ive never done this myself so I cant really give anymore info on this.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

These days, if you want a piano, you download it. There's not much point in acquiring a quarter-ton of wood and metal, when a modest sum will get you two hundred megabytes of digitized piano samples from Steinway.

Reply to
Norman Yarvin

The thing that killed it in our house is the digital keyboard. My son can plug his headphones into it and play it any time he wants. Then I have my wife put on the wireless headphones for the TV. . . and I have peace enough to read a good book.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

A poor quality, or out of tune piano is even more miserable for a player than it is for someone else to have to listen to........and so you *probly* did okay by getting rid of it........

Still, theres something about a good quality, * real * piano thats been given regular upkeep that puts any of the digitals to shame. And even though there's lotsa used pianos on the market with lessor known brand names, that don't necessarily mean their *all* junk.......Many fine pianos came out of Chicago in the 30's, for example, so its best to always check with a dealer before trashing one.

Although I would *love* to own a nice grand piano someday, Im not about to give up my Rhodes electric for no digital substitute, as even though its "electric", it still it has real piano actions and feel--in fact, it

*really* is a "piano" by definition--just that it has "tines" that are struck by the hammers instead of having strings........actually, quite a bit of "good old American" ingenuity went into the design, IMO.

Oh, and it can be played through a headset too, if one were so inclined.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Sme nice stuff came out of London and Clinton Ontario too. The Sherlock Manning piano was a nice piece of work. I rebuilt out 1924? model about 15 years ago. Just sold it a couple months ago for more than I paid for it -$750, and it wan not in pristine condition, appearance wize, but it was in excellent "mechanical" contition, had good tone, and held its tune well.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:11:45 GMT in alt.machines.cnc :

At the time, they probably figured they could always get another. :-)

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:08:39 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Dueling Tubas.

But nothing sounds like two bagpipes, not quite in tune ... .

Nothing human, anyway.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich