Scam?

I DO have a web site and online store. And I make a significant number of international sales. The key to detecting the scammers is when they don't make ANY mention of what I am actually selling, especially telling me to send them my web URL. Obviously if they have no idea what I make, but they want to buy some anyway, they must be scammers.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

What people get convicted is participating in money laundering schemes. Such as the ones where you receive email "we offer you a job to send and receive money".

Ignoramus13521

She deposited the fraudulent check, and did a couple other stupid things the scammer asked her to.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Definitely. Or they request something totally unrelated to what you do have for sale. I have a list on a personal website of HP semiconductor part numbers to OEM. I get emails from scammers wanting to order 10,000 of a germanium transistor HP used in the '60s.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I always "offer" them the same thing, a solid concrete drill press.

Ignoramus13521

Can you use a Heisenberg microscope ?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

(...)

I'm not certain.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Rich, you're either very naive or very stupid if you think the probability that the check "turns out to be good" exceeds 0.00001%.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Geeze Larry. Mark Wieber, who my AL Post can't find in the National records database, is a rootin' tootin' RumpRanger/Ex-Cop and has a "Ranch" large enough to bury folks with the back hoe he doesn't have. Why would he possibly be afraid of a "skinny" with a friend?

I think you, Wieber and Wes have a big yellow streak running right up your backs. Tom Gardner as well.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

[list snipped -- why give the grifters a free education in English grammar?]

There's at least one more that you missed.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Maybe one of his boyfriends use a roofie on him last night. It would explain his low-minded rant there, the loser.

IICY?

-- That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way. -- Doris Lessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Definitely a scam. As others have noted, it can be fun to engage these people as long as you know what you're doing.

Related but still OT question: The local Craigslist has a bunch of cars for sale at ridiculously low prices; a 2007 Toyota Corolla for $2600, etc. What exactly are the people running these ads expecting to get? How does this sort of scam work?

-- Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

"I am on vacation in Burkina Faso; My assistant will ship this car to you for no shipping cost; I guarantee your satisfaction; I only accept Western Union.".

Reply to
Ignoramus23245

Maybe they're Katrina refurbs from Nawlins. Run Away!

-- That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way. -- Doris Lessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That would depend a lot on your property. My Grandparents are buried on mine.

??? I was just wondering why you gun nuts are such cowards..... Actually, I'm not wondering at all.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Overcompensating for a shot penis?

Reply to
CaveLamb

I think he used Gunner's grinder to remove it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OOOOOOwwww!

Reply to
CaveLamb

That's why he's too asshamed to return it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell