Science Olympiad 2016

We had a science olympiad this year, a regional event.

My son participated in two events, Air Trajectory (where you make and fire a air operated cannon) and Robot arm, where you are supposed to build a robot that collects stuff and places stuff into egg boxes.

He got 2nd place in both events, here's a video of a perfect bucket shot that he made:

And here's a video of the robot arm robot. It did not do a perfect job because some screws came loose. But it came 2nd. Most people's robots flat out did not work or barely did. The manually controlled ones were way too slow.

His school got enough 1st and 2nd places to be admitted to the State Olympiad.

I do realize, having been at the State last year, and having won 1st place for Robocross, that State is a much more difficult competition, people will show up with completed products and about half of kids will be practiced.

I am really psyched up to help him win the State this year and am unhealthily obsessed with winning the State on both competitions.

Ignoramus4339