Science Quiz

All:

I think you will find this interesting! Here?s a quiz on how much sci ence adults know. Only 7% of the adult population gets all 13 questions cor rect. See how you do.

If you respond on how well you did, please don't reveal any correct, o r wrong, answers and spoil it for others.

Reply to
BottleBob

I think you will find this interesting! Here?s a quiz on how much science adults know. Only 7% of the adult population gets all 13 questions correct. See how you do.

If you respond on how well you did, please don't reveal any correct, or wrong, answers and spoil it for others.

Missed one.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I got my sex wrong.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Science and Technology Knowledge Quiz Results You answered 13 of 13 questions correctly. This quiz is a joint effort between the Pew Research Center and Smithsonian magazine.

See below how your results compare with the 1,006 randomly sampled adults that took part in our national survey and review how you responded to each question. For more findings from the survey, read "Public's Knowledge of Science and Technology."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I got them all right. Well, maybe helps that I work at a university Chemistry department.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I got all 13 right! Now that I have proven there is a God.... :-)

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Rats! I didn't read one closely enough.

Score 11 of 13.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

13 out of 13 - they were all very simple questions - basic public (< grade 8) school level stuff
Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Worse. It proves the "dumbing-down" of US education.

THIS is the crap that our Bastions of Science are offering up as a reasonable test of "Scientific Knowlege"!

If any adult or child over the age of 13 doesn't know - to the CORE of their being - every one of these things, then they have the mental capacity of a gopher tortoise -- or their "teachures" do.

(13 of 13 in my friggin' SLEEP)

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

OK, without Googling, what is a Plasmid?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I also got all 13 right, and very quickly, too. Honestly, I was waiting for a punchline at the end, but I guess this was serious.

Oh well, having proven that there's no god, I'll move along ;-)

Reply to
rangerssuck

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:l5420m$vnd$1 @dont-email.me:

Most biologists believe mitochondrial DNA was once plasmids. 'nuff? Or do I have to explain the origins, also?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I wish this wasn't usenet, so I could give this post a +1 or a "like" or a thumbs up, or something. As I said above, I was waiting for a punchline at the end of the 13 questions.

Reply to
rangerssuck

"BottleBob" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... All:

I think you will find this interesting! Here?s a quiz on how much science adults know. Only 7% of the adult population gets all 13 questions correct. See how you do.

If you respond on how well you did, please don't reveal any correct, or wrong, answers and spoil it for others.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Me too! And my age;-)

But on the questions that mater 13 of 13.

Where is the hard version?

Reply to
William Bagwell

I just dislocated my shoulder tryig to pat myself on the back!

Reply to
geraldrmiller

I got 13/13 here, too.

P.S: You should try -women- next time, Ned. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lloyd:

I don't think this little quiz was meant as a reasonable test of scientifi c knowledge. Here is my response after being forwarded this "gem" of a qui z:

========================= ========================= === I'm Shocked & Dismayed!!! Don't want to seem judgmental or anything... but I'm APPALLED at the poor showing of their random sample. At first I th ought their "random" sample was taken from the Ozarks or Appalachia where k ids never went to school or learned how to read. This is a major indictmen t against the results of our education system. I especially was disappointed at the low percentage of correct answers in MY age group (65+), were they polling Alzheimer's patients? No wonder America is in the mess it's in. Every Congress Critter shou ld be required to take this test, and if they miss more than two questions they should be impeached and stripped of their position due to mental incom petence. OK, ok, let me climb down off my soapbox. I still am having a hard tim e believing it though. Perhaps their results were fabrications just to gau ge other people's reactions? Sure got a reaction out of me. ========================= ========================= ===

Back to real-time here. This quiz has generated enough passion in me to p ost it here to RCM. That's probably the first thread I've started in a cou ple of years.

Reply to
BottleBob

BottleBob wrote in news:dcbc88ab-935f-4e99-aaef-e800e60a4941 @googlegroups.com:

7% of the adult population gets all 13 questions correct. See how you do.

and spoil it for others.

13 for 13 -- thought the answers were all pretty obvious.
Reply to
Doug Miller

BottleBob probably got it. It has to do with a professors study that showed Tea Party members were more Science literate than liberals.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN