Science Quiz

Got them all right but wan't so sure about the gas. Its amazing how ignorant people are after years of "education"

Reply to
Butter

Click the button in the lower left that shows the table of contents. That will show you which ones you missed.

Got them all correct, BUT didn't like their descriptions for the drive gear types.

Reply to
Steve W.

There are about 4 that are a bit ambiguous - where you (and I) likely outhought ourselves. One was the gear ratio question where several were reversed - overdrive and reduction, as well as direct, and only ONE was a non-reversing ratio (a reduction). Otherwise a much better test than the science one. The pulley one likely got me too.(multi-sheave)

Reply to
clare

That tested if you had ever rebuilt a manual transmission rather than general gear theory, because of the implicit reversal of rotation in forward gears.

I get into trouble on tests like that when I see variables where they assumed constants, like the thickness of the balloon rubber.

-jsw, 2 wrong

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Gunner Asch on Sat, 02 Nov 2013 22:08:22 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I brain farted one of them.

Of those asked.

pyotr filipivich

460 points -- 92% -- with the problem that it is showing up too small on my screen, and I got a sound (only) when making one submission. I'm not sure whether I got that wrong, or just mis-checked.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Depends. I got a "you are not allowed to visit this page" after clicking to get the scores.

And there was one question (I guess that I should not say anything else about it) for which I could see only answers that I considered wrong, so I selected the one which I considered least wrong. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That last one mentioned is I think what I got wrong, and *none* of the answers for that one looked right to me. At least, that one offered the ability to click to enlarge the pulley part, though it left off the weight on the bottom, and I was having difficulty reading the weight value, too. :-) (One of the problems of having a high-resolution screen. And the web page would not let me click to increase the magnification. :-(

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

And that one was ambiguous, too. Are they asking whether the two fans, as they sit, are rotating the same or opposite directions as viewed from one fixed point, or as compared to the normal running direction?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I left the sex question blank...I was confused.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Think of the typical voter, then cry.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Another day at the shop, but I had to get my reading glasses for some.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Thanks. Says I got 96. The pop window was a bit big for my screen, and control - didn't help. Not sure which I missed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon