Scope thingy?

I was in a second hand store today, 30% off before noon, and browsing around. They have a computer department, sell donated computers after fixing em up. The repair tech is this really cute latina chick, and we got to chatting. Over her shoulder I could see this scope thingy...had a square screen and lots of buttons and knobs, and I asked her about it. Now her English isnt all that great, but we managed to communicate pretty well, and she said someone had donated it, but she didnt know what it was either but the power light came on and some sort of green line appears in the scope part.

Now Ive always been a sucker for flashy lights and lots of knobs and electronical kinda stuff and cute little latinas, so I asked her for a price for it, and her phone number. She called her boss over, El Jeffe, and he blinked a bit, scratched his head, they babbled back in forth in Espaniol for a bit and then he opinied that he would have to ask $39.95, just on general principles, so I asked to see it. Says B&K 2160, 60mhz Osillyscope. Clean, neat, looked brand new, no scratches, no dings, and when I turned it on..had a little bitty green line in the tv looking part. He opined that it was 30% off day..so Id best get my (Wrangler clad) ass to the checkout stand before 12 to get the discount. He left

We ..she and I, hunted around for a probe, but couldnt find any, but I remembered I had some in the truck for my Tektronixs scope thingy..I picked up the critter, and she ran her hands down my arms, gave me her phone number and patted my (Wrangler clad) ass and walked me to the register, where I got my 30% off of the $39.95 price of the sillyscope thingy.

I got home, plugged it in, and made the green line do all sorts of nifty things, played with the Component Tester section and the multiple channels and delayed sweep lines and whatnot. Seems to be working ok. Still not quite sure what its used for, but its REAL NEAT!!

Now Ive got to go, Im supposed to pick the computer lady (Carmen) up at 9:30 tonight and we is gonna go shoot some pool and whatnot. When we talked on the phone, she asked what to wear, and I allowed that I like to see skin, and she giggled and said she would show me some.

Ifen I wasnt a gentleman, Id let yall know in the morning, if its one gloat..or two.

Gunner, taking a handful of Centrum vitamins and putting on his boots...

Reply to
Gunner

I dont't know how you do it. I would be an incoherent slavering wreck. Knowing that a laying out few bucks and I could get my hands on it, turn it on, twiddle its knobs, probe its inner recesses!

The scope, yeah a good buy!

Reply to
Richard Edwards

On Sun, 11 May 2008 07:01:18 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, Richard Edwards quickly quoth:

Gunner, you da man!

Boots? Are you telling fibs enough to need boots now? ;)

It sounds like you're talking about both his date and his scope buy, Richard. Heh heh heh.

-- Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict. -- William Ellery Channing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Second-hand is probably fine, so long as the scope hasn't been rode too hard and put away wet.... /m

Reply to
Mark F

$40 for that scope is a good price, but not total highway robery - 60 mhz will do for your use but is low for much modern stuff - probes are $5 to $15 via ebay and other sources

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

Sounds like you got a good deal, both ways. The B&K is a good scope. You should be able to turn a nice profit on it. Hoope you had a nice, two gloat evening. :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Does two in the shower count?

Oh..the scope...never mind......

Reply to
Gunner

Im hanging on to the scope for my test bench.

The other..for dear life......

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Now you have a scope to check out that welder problem. Look at the output of an SCR lamp dimmer first; it should be cleaner and more obvious how SCR phase control changes the turn-on time. DO NOT ground the scope probe to the AC line to make the gate signal easier to see. Shut off or disable the TIG HF and and be sure to use a 10X probe that can handle the line voltage.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

SO...which is the gloat...the silly scope or the date?

Reply to
The Davenport's

Cool scope. I found this at one Google search sites.

BK PRECISION

60 MHz Oscilloscope Red Button Spec Sheet it. Now her English isnt all that great, but we managed to communicate

Martin H. Eastburn

both actually....chuckle

Gunner

Reply to