Scrap Carbide - $200 to $300 a coffee can

Scrap Carbide $200 to $300 a coffee can

A coffee can of scrap carbide weighs about 40# to 60#. It costs $8.10 to ship it by flat box USPS (US Mail) and $12 if you want to send it certified. It is worth at least $5.00 a pound now and maybe more. That comes to about $200 to $300 for a coffee can of carbide.

Do a Google search to see who buys small quantities of scrap carbide. Typically you get a check in 30 days.

Tom

Reply to
president

Well that explains why nobody can budge the 30 gallon drum in the shop.

Reply to
bamboo

Somehow, I think that most people in this group concider "Scrap" carbide as raw material.

I have accumulated a handfull of 1/2" round x 3/16 thick with a special hole in the middle. I use the hole. Any market for perfect OD rounds?

Reply to
Tom Gardner