SCRAP HSS

I posted a message last week about this but never saw it listed in the
news group so I thought I better try again. I have a customer looking
for someone to buy their HSS scrap drills and endmills in Southwestern
Ontario. Is there someone for this or does everyone just send it to
their regular scrap steel dealers?
Reply to
Doug Arthurs
I throw it into the garbage--Ive not anywhere near enough volume to recycle economically.
The scrapyards DONT want it mixed in with softer grades, as it can damage their scrap processing equipment.
If the tools are usable as-is or after resharpening, the highest value would be in re-selling--perhaps ebay............
Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT
Hey Doug,
Any idea how much you are talking about? Is this anything that can be re-sharpened instead, because there are places in Windsor that do that.
Most broken HSS gets ground to something useful, and goes out in pockets to HSM'ers tool boxes!!
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.
ps....I did see "this" posted earlier, but had no decent answer THEN either.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply to
Brian Lawson
Hi Brian,
Thanks for responding. Believe me when I tell you when this customer says its scrap it means its finished.
Doug
Reply to
Doug Arthurs