Blimey, layout with a free house on eBay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/00-gauge-complete-model-railway-layout-house-scotl and_W0QQitemZ220229384356QQihZ012QQcategoryZ101163QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ
1QQcmdZViewItem
Any takers?
--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.mac.com/andrewhewitt1/
Andy Hewitt wrote:

Interesting post but the seller is an idiot. A prospective purchaser will take one look at the house and think "how many thousands will it cost me to get rid of all that junk".
(kim)
"kim" wrote

Agreed, a friend told me that he was considering doing some thing similar, but I told him he's be severely restricting his potential market. He'd be better off scrapping & clearing the layout and selling off the individual components.
John.

I guess it depends on the person that buys. If they get someone interested in the track, it could be worth a punt.
--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.mac.com/andrewhewitt1/
Good bit of advertising for him, the page has crashed! :-))
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:51:40 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com (Andy Hewitt) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Check the link above has wrapped properly - the page was ok just now but I had to edit the URL to join it up properly.
Cheers Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
I have become... comfortably numb
beamendsltd said the following on 01/05/2008 12:30:

This is what tinyurl is for:- http://tinyurl.com/6g6cx8
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

Only for those who don't understand how to use a text editor (such as Notepad) though and who don't mind trusting someone else not to send them off to a site that one would not wish to visit... What is so difficult in copying the full URL to a text editor and then 'unwrapping' the line breaks?

That's what tinyurl's preview option is for http://preview.tinyurl.com/6g6cx8 it doesn't send you off anywhere without you clicking on the full link.
What's so difficult about that?
MBQ

That's what tinyurl's preview option is for http://preview.tinyurl.com/6g6cx8 it doesn't send you off anywhere without you clicking on the full link.
What's so difficult about that? </quote>
Because people don't use it, the 'tiny' URL that Paul gave was forwarded without preview, as is obvious by the different URLs. Duh...

If it's panto you want "Oh yes they do!".

That's why I gave the alternative. Duh yourself...
MBQ
That's why I gave the alternative. Duh yourself...
MBQ </quote>
So why didn't you reply to Paul's message then... It's f*cking obvious that your intension was to try and troll yet again.

Because YOU were the one who brought up the subject of possibly being directed to unknown websites. The reply was relevant to YOUR post. I'm sure Paul is intelligent enough to take on board what I said, if he chooses.

No. I made a perfectly valid and reasonable point that there is a way of using TinyURL that allows you to verify the link you are being sent to. You couldn't accept that and had to come back with "Duh...". I'm not sure what you were trying to say, but now you are sweaing and accusing me of trolling. As I've said before, :Jerry:, look to yourself before calling others.
MBQ
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 01/05/2008 14:19:

Personally, I get pissed off when I click on the preview button and then have to click again to go to where you want to go. By the time I posted the tinyurl link, it was apparent from regular (and trusted) posters on this group that the link was safe, so I saw no need for the preview.tinyurl version. I am aware of its existence.
If Lily Lee from Acme Model Railway Co in Xiang-Tu wanted our esteemed presence on her website, and posted a tinyurl link without the preview button, I wouldn't touch it with someone else's bargepole.
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

Because YOU were the one who brought up the subject of possibly being directed to unknown websites. The reply was relevant to YOUR post. I'm sure Paul is intelligent enough to take on board what I said, if he chooses. </quote>
My reply was relevant to Paul's message, you reply was relevant to Paul's massage and not mine as I was commenting on what Paul put in his message - and my point still stands in the context of the thread, yours doesn't.
<quote> t's f*cking obvious

No. I made a perfectly valid and reasonable point </quote>
It's not the point you made but the where and how you made it.

So what exactly was wrong with the where? It was in context about TinyURL being used in a way that did not dump you in a dodgy place.
What exactly was wrong with how I made it? Apart from your dislike for users of Google Grouops. Sorry if I'm blunt, that's just the way I am. I didn't use any bad language or call anyone names (at least not in the original reply). I aped your style, the "what's so difficult..." just to highlight how silly you were being.
MBQ

Ha, ha.
Some people just never get irony.
wrote in message

I get irony very well, but I also know who are the trolls on Usenet, and I can assure you that MBQ is a troll.

ROTFLMAO!
trit-trot, trit-trot went the little billy goat gruff.
GRRRRRRRRRR! Who's that crossing my bridge?