Blimey, layout with a free house on eBay.....

Any takers?

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Interesting post but the seller is an idiot. A prospective purchaser will take one look at the house and think "how many thousands will it cost me to get rid of all that junk".

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Agreed, a friend told me that he was considering doing some thing similar, but I told him he's be severely restricting his potential market. He'd be better off scrapping & clearing the layout and selling off the individual components.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I guess it depends on the person that buys. If they get someone interested in the track, it could be worth a punt.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Good bit of advertising for him, the page has crashed! :-))

Reply to
intercityman2000

Check the link above has wrapped properly - the page was ok just now but I had to edit the URL to join it up properly.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd said the following on 01/05/2008 12:30:

This is what tinyurl is for:-

Paul Boyd

Only for those who don't understand how to use a text editor (such as Notepad) though and who don't mind trusting someone else not to send them off to a site that one would not wish to visit... What is so difficult in copying the full URL to a text editor and then 'unwrapping' the line breaks?

Reply to
:Jerry:

That's what tinyurl's preview option is for

it doesn't send you off anywhere without you clicking on the full link.

What's so difficult about that?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That's what tinyurl's preview option is for

doesn't send you off anywhere without you clicking on the full link.

What's so difficult about that?

Because people don't use it, the 'tiny' URL that Paul gave was forwarded without preview, as is obvious by the different URLs. Duh...

Reply to
:Jerry:

If it's panto you want "Oh yes they do!".

That's why I gave the alternative. Duh yourself...

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That's why I gave the alternative. Duh yourself...

MBQ

So why didn't you reply to Paul's message then... It's f*cking obvious that your intension was to try and troll yet again.

Reply to
:Jerry:

Because YOU were the one who brought up the subject of possibly being directed to unknown websites. The reply was relevant to YOUR post. I'm sure Paul is intelligent enough to take on board what I said, if he chooses.

No. I made a perfectly valid and reasonable point that there is a way of using TinyURL that allows you to verify the link you are being sent to. You couldn't accept that and had to come back with "Duh...". I'm not sure what you were trying to say, but now you are sweaing and accusing me of trolling. As I've said before, :Jerry:, look to yourself before calling others.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Ha, ha.

Some people just never get irony.

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

Talk about make it so hard for yourselves. No wonder it takes so long to get a model layout made!

Select the text, copy and paste it into the URL bar in your browser. Robert is yer fathers sibling.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 01/05/2008 14:19:

Personally, I get pissed off when I click on the preview button and then have to click again to go to where you want to go. By the time I posted the tinyurl link, it was apparent from regular (and trusted) posters on this group that the link was safe, so I saw no need for the preview.tinyurl version. I am aware of its existence.

If Lily Lee from Acme Model Railway Co in Xiang-Tu wanted our esteemed presence on her website, and posted a tinyurl link without the preview button, I wouldn't touch it with someone else's bargepole.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Andy Hewitt said the following on 01/05/2008 14:25:

Actually, because of the way you posted it broken across several lines, it has to be reassembled in a browser's URL bar, which I think Internet Explorer has trouble with (older versions, certainly). If you'd posted it with < > brackets around it, there would be no issue because people's readers would interpret the whole lot as a single URL.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Because YOU were the one who brought up the subject of possibly being directed to unknown websites. The reply was relevant to YOUR post. I'm sure Paul is intelligent enough to take on board what I said, if he chooses.

My reply was relevant to Paul's message, you reply was relevant to Paul's massage and not mine as I was commenting on what Paul put in his message - and my point still stands in the context of the thread, yours doesn't.

t's f*cking obvious

No. I made a perfectly valid and reasonable point

It's not the point you made but the where and how you made it.

Reply to
:Jerry:

I get irony very well, but I also know who are the trolls on Usenet, and I can assure you that MBQ is a troll.

Reply to
:Jerry:

Oh, I see. It worked fine in Apple Safari, but I'm not able to test it otherwise (other than Firefox). Besides, if it works, I wouldn't have gone testing it anymore.

Yes, I'd forgotten about using the symbols, some applications are OK picking up the http:// bit.

You forget all this when things 'just work'.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt