Nice family house...

...three bedrooms, oak beams etc., comes complete with fully equipped workshop and mineshaft...a snip at £300,000-350,000:

Any takers?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

No thanks, I am bidding for the uncompleted Northern Rock HQ which is just over the road. Matron and I are having a tiff rather than tiffin.

Reply to
ravensworth2674

equipped

...blast ... missed that one ! Still, first two wagon loads now shifted to my new place

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

When do you start on the mine shaft?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Yeah possibly.... it's better than the place I have just now. The truck and other toys are parked outside the front of our present house. I don't think I'm quite at the AWEM stage of needing a convoy, but it would certainly take two lorry loads to move the workshop..... I can't quite understand why my neighbours don't speak much ;-) Fred's place would at least allow me to move the junk pile to behind the house where only the wife and I can see it (although she would still insist on wearing her blindfold as she passes it by). Might take a trip along to the viewings, but can't say mineshafts appeal much....anybody interested in a small landfile site to rent?

Ian

Reply to
ticktock

On or around Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:04:05 -0700, ticktock enlightened us thusly:

philistine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

..hehe.. it would be a well where we're moving, our only 'neighbour' is an unmanned water pumping station, which not only has the advantages of no neighbour noise complaints, but also results in a nice heavy duty three phase supply crossing my grounds !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

.... hang about ... I'll need to look that up and see if I'm being insulted.....

a quick play with an online dictionary tells me....

#philistine #1. A native or an inhabitant of ancient Philistia, a coast region of southern Palestine.

..nope .... that's not me ...never been to Philistia... went to 'Souff- End' once ...is it close?

#2. A bailiff.

.... nope.... not me ...never had to ladle water from a boat yet ...

#3. A person deficient in liberal culture and refinement;

...... ahhhhhh ... now I get it ..... ...'ere.... have we met?

;-)

Reply to
ticktock

Philistine- refers to the 'uncircumcised'.which is a drawback to some.

New Years Day is actually in the Christian Calendar as Circumcision. Enough to put the willies up some of us!

Reply to
ravensworth2674

On or around 17 Oct 2007 14:13:32 -0700, ticktock enlightened us thusly:

I didn't know that one

I've no idea. all things are, however, possible. I've been mostly in Wales since about 1976, with odd forays to other parts like London and St. Dizier Leyrenne.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , ravensworth2674 writes

Obviously those who are a cut above the rest.

Reply to
Mike