AT 165 R motor liners HELP

Hi can anyone help, while putting together a 165 R reload, the liner was tight sliding into the case, I thought just push and it will slide in, I was wrong as it got tighter, ok, maybe put it on the table and and use the nozzle and tap a little with a wood hammer and that damaged it beyond usable condition, well, it is very close to a LOC 24 mm motor mount tube in size, can I substitute the motoer tube for the liner tube ? and can anyone tell me the length of the liner tube for a 29 mm AT H-165-R ? many thanks in advance, LeRoy

Reply to
BigRockets

I'm sure you can order a new liner from Aerotech (or RCS). The few times I've had problems with their products, they've been more than willing to help out.

Aside from that, though, you may have had some leftover crud in the casing, or you may not have greased the liner (as is sometimes necessary/recommended), and lastly, it may simply have been a bad fit. If it's bad due to manufacturing tolerances, my best suggestion would be to carefully peel a very thin layer off the outside of the liner so that it fits properly.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Thanks Dave, it was a new case never fired and was well lubed, I wrote to AT to ask if I could use the LOC mm tube and also saw on thier RCS site that they have a liner I can buy but was hoping to fly this week as I am sure it would take longer to arrive in the mail, just thought someone might know, again, Thanks for your reply, Le

Reply to
BigRockets