Help with and engine

I have a North Coast Rocketry Lance Beta rocket. It takes a G70-7 or F62-6 engine. Does anyone know where I can get this type of engine? What I can use to replace it? Where I can get the engine from?

Thanks

Reply to
Steve

The North Coast engines are long gone (and I've heard the G never actually saw volume production) - your best bet may be one of the Aerotech reloadables (either the 29/40-120, or the 29/60 or 29/100 sizes) - the Aerotech single use motors such as F50-6 or G80-7 might also be possibilities, but the North Coast motor tubing was a little bit undersized, and the reloadables - being slightly smaller on the OD - will require less tinkering to install. (You may need to "hone" out the MMT with a sandpaper flap on the end of a rod chucked in a power drill, or else peel a layer of paper from the inside of the tube, to make Aerotech motors fit.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The motors for the North Coast kits have been discontinued for some time now as has the kit line. However, you can purchase a variety of single use and reload kits from Aerotech that will work nicely. If you haven't built your kit yet, substitue a length of 29mm tubing for the motor mount. You can purchase 29mm tubing from a variety of online stores. See my website (Modrocket.itgo.com) for vendor recommendations.

If it is already built, you will have to somewhat modify the motor mount tube as it is not standard at 28.5 mm rather than 29mm. If you take an X acto knife and carefull peel off a layer inside the motor tube, it should work fine for single use motors. This is what I did with my one of my North Coast kits. Some people have said that the motor tubes will accomodate reload cases without modification but I'm not sure about this.

By the way, the Lance Beta is a real nice rocket. I certified level one with mine on an Aerotech H128.

Have Fun! Joe A. South Louisiana Rocketry (SOLAR) #8

Reply to
MODROCKET

I have a North Coast "Lance Beta" rocket. It takes an F62-6 or G70-7 engine. I am now told that I can not buy this engine. Does anyone know where I can get either of these engines? What can I use in its place? and where can I buy them?

Thanks

Reply to
Steve

The article in the middle of my .sig line includes instructions for peeling out the NCR MMT so that it will hold standard 29mm motors. It applies to all NCR kits.

Bob Kaplow