UNMODERATED FORUMS

Be Aware: In forums without moderation you may be exposed to conflicting views, new ideas, and yes even the occasional flame. You may be surprised, dismayed, angered, and maybe even outraged or insulted, but you may express yourself as YOU see fit..

The constitution has no mention of an individuals right to live without being offended by others ideas or comments. So your welcome to visit, lurk or participate it's entirly up to the users as the forum belongs to them.

Just remember that the road of life is full of bumps so wear a helmet....

Reply to
N3

You think maybe the readers of r.m.r don't know this? ;)

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Yes, THEY do think so :)

Reply to
nosig

New ideas are all very good. Another newsgroup that I was reading was taken over by people pretending to be other regular posters, obsene langauge and other nastyness. Although only a few people are doing this, it makes the newsgroup basically unreadable. A great loss. Moderation does not keep out new ideas, it keeps out garbage.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

New ideas are all very good. Another newsgroup that I was reading was taken over by people pretending to be other regular posters, obsene langauge and other nastyness. Although only a few people are doing this, it makes the newsgroup basically unreadable. A great loss. Moderation does not keep out new ideas, it keeps out garbage.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Lookee what "N3" said!

Unfortunately, unmoderated groups have this way of being taken over by total a$$holes who either have nothing better to do or are enamored of seeing their own names on the net followed by reams of unmitigated bilgewater. Just take a look at what D. Spencer Hines did to alt.fan.heinlein with his incessant nattering and crossposting.

Bill Sullivan

"Don't overestimate the decency of the human race."

- H. L. Mencken

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

I agree with that assesment though I am not sure I am convinced that has to the case, at least if the moderation is only to maintain structure rather than a form of censorship of the ideas. Rudeness has never caused physical harm other than the obvious, and adults need to take that responsibility as part of the process of life. Just an opinion and not one worth too much to anyone other than myself.

Reply to
N3