Notice how nice RMR was today without Jerry Irvine?

Has anyone noticed that RMR actually mellows out and gets back towards rockets once Jerry Irvine is out of the picture? All day today it was
actually nice to read what others had to say about rockets rather than having to watch them respond to Jerry's trash.
Read into it what you will. Jerry Irvine brings RMR down a few notches.
Putting on the chill wrote:

Actually, I seem to be able to engage Jerry in civil conversation. Even about rockets.
-dave w
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:00:51 -0800, David Weinshenker

Others don't have/don't want that ability. Even as we speak RMR is doing well. The minute he checks back on watch the signal to noise ratio.
Just an observation.
Kinda boring actually.
Mike Fisher
If you don't go trashing the guy so much he wouldn't have quite as much to respond to. You're just adding fuel to the fire.
Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (NeoF14) wrote:

Point.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mfreptiles) wrote in message

I also find RMR quite boring w/o JI. Once in a while I have learned a few things about history, in spite of some of the antagonism between Jerry and others, and I have learned some helpful things about rockets too. In order to "survive" on RMR I needed to learn to live with the "character" (or lack of it) of this particular NG. Sometimes I even read the "flame wars" but the personal attacks and insults are counterproductive. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Yep, as long as you do not challenge his opinion or question his version of the facts, Jerry is quite civil..
Fred
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 06:24:48 -0500, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

You can even challenge Jerry's opinions and his versions of the facts if you supply data to back your position.
The biggest problem, on both sides, is attacks on the person rather than the subject. This leads to wasted bandwidth in flame wars. I have two people in my KF. Both of them (CT and "Dave Grayvis") have much worse noise ratio than Jerry.
Bob
:

Even if the source of the information is given, Jerry has a tendency to attack the credibility of the information and the individual providing it. I attempted to help Jerry, at his request, several years ago. The data and information he provided to me was provided to the folks in DOT, as he requested; nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, the results were not what Jerry expected and he has included me on his list of individuals and organizations, "out to get Jerry". Your experience with Jerry may be as you say, however mine has been somewhat different.
I will agree with you, personal attacks on each other, detract from the subject being discussed and I am guilty of allowing myself to be drawn into such behavior much more than I should. As a result, I am making a new year resolution; "To the best of my ability, I will not refer to anyone on RMR as moron, dupe, putz, or other such terminology", regardless of how I may really think. My apology to those individuals I have offended in such manner.
Well, it's off to Sears to spend my gift certificates; pattern bits, a new fly cutter, and large hole cutters are first on the list..
Fred

Speaking of new year's resolutions, anybody else making any? I'm tired of failing to keep them year after year, so I decided to change tactics this time. So my resolutions this year are:
1) watch more TV 2) stop cleaning the bathrooms so often.
I think my chances of success this year are *much* higher :-)

Many years ago I resolved to not make any more New Years resolutions. So far so good...

Post on rmr MORE often.
Hopefully I will keep this year's resolution as well as last year's :)
Jerry
writes:

I've got a 4" and 8" General that do very well. I got some cheap off brand unit that was a dud. IIRC Sears has the General...

No fly cutters or large hole saws, but I picked up a nice set of pattern bits. I also have the 8" general; I was looking for a smaller one. I don't know how you feel about that 8" inch monster, but it scares the hell out of me, even at extremely slow speed.
Fred
writes:

Ditto. I got the 8" first, but ever since I found the 4" (IIRC it goes a bit larger than 4") I use it unless I need to make something larger than the 4" limit.

I consider someone offering to provide a guaranteed DOT investigation on arrival of something "out to get me" (what you did/will do) not the outcome of an interaction with an obvioulsy recalcitrant government organization.
Even though your involvement resulted in NO enlightnment, much less positive progress.
Jerry
:

Come on Jerry, let's keep it in context:
"The data and information he (Jerry) provided to me was provided to the folks in DOT, as he requested; nothing more, nothing less"
I don't remember making any guarantee, other than, to get your paperwork to the correct DOT official, which I did, and what ever happened after that was not the result of information other than what you provided. However, I will agree there has been "no positive progress", if the information on the US. Rockets web page is correct and can be considered an indication of such, "lack of positive progress". In any case, if and when positive progress is realized, I may well be one of those in line to purchase...Maybe by LDRS; any chance Jerry??????????
Fred

Let's be very clear. I am NOT blaming you for anything regarding your interfaces with DOT "on my behalf" except a lack of communication about what you sent and when, and what they said, if anything.
I do not consioder it your fault they denied to my attorney ever seeing the papers you KNOW you sent and KNOW I sent twice. My understanding from you from you much later, is they denied to you receiving the TWO faxes from me. I find it evidence of something "up" that neither you nor I have the resources to "overcome".
No action was taken on your "filings" either BTW.
Jerry

What I faxed Mrs. Monrowe @ DOT, was what you sent me; that fact was communicated to you via email and during a phone conversation, between you and I, immediately after it was accomplished. What was communicated to your attorney, by DOT or anyone else, I have no knowledge, directly or indirectly. What I know for certain; I faxed to Mrs. Monrowe what I said I did and Mrs. Monrowe said she received what I faxed. I also know that Mrs. Monrowe said your paperwork was incomplete and as for as the DOT was concerned, you were not the registered holder of the DOT EX numbers you claimed. In addition I know for certain; I was contacted by a DOT regulatory enforcement officer, looking for additional information and that is where the information trail, from me, stops. As for as I'm concerned, all of this is old news and the only relevant issue know; you are still not legally able to ship you motors in commerce, with you/US Rockets as the source or origin of manufacture or that is what you would be doing. Once again, I reference your own US Rockets web page as a cited source...
Fred