Scripta grinder

"The Kid", my 23 year old, said I just had to have one of these at our last auction:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/scripta.jpg
Anybody have a manual or operating instructions? I'm mostly clueless as to how it should work.
--
<(©Ώ©)> An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.
Karl Townsend wrote:

is that an endmill sharpener
Add pictures here
βœ–

last
Looks like a Deckel knock off. I'm sure it can do lots of stuff, but we always used them for sharpening single flute form tools. Mine doesn't see nearly as much use as it used to because we just 3d complicated shapes now. I'll be a google search for single flute (lip) cutter grinder would get you some good info.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sure looks like the working parts of it, are the same as the working parts of my "Quorn Mark 1" which does endmills and a million other things.
Still trying to get a decent endmill sharpening with the Quorn though. It's very...adjustable.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I found one book: http://www.proshoppublishing.com /
"MACHINE SHOP TRADE SECRETS" By Jim Harvey. Looks to have one chapter on this. Anybody seen this book? Good, bad, indifferent?
--
<(©Ώ©)> An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.
βœ–
Great book full of shop tips, but not the detailed how-to-operate-it type of info you're looking for. Only a picture of a Deckel single lip grinder, a couple of paragraphs expressing enthusiasm over what can be done with one, and a picture showing a variety of shop-made single lip cutters that are possible.
Try this(cringe)link for a bit more detail on the HF copy of the Deckel (assuming that your Scripta is similar to a Deckel as others have suggested) http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals/45000-45999/45707.pdf
David Merrill
message

Add pictures here
βœ–
I bought the book fairly recently and like it. However all I can recall it saying about the Deckel grinder is "get one, use it". I'm in a different location from my copy right at the moment, I'll check when I get home.
In the meantime: I recommend the book, but not to learn anything about tool and cutter grinding.
Adam Smith Midland, ON
message

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:34:52 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hey Karl,
Forget the Scripta name pasted on it. That will be for some sort of engraving machine, and this is an accessory to it. Instead, look for Deckel single lip cutter grinder manuals.
Send me a street address, and I'll mail you a two page copy of instructions labeled :
"Brief Instructions for Single Cutter Grinder (model) SO"     by Friedrich Deckel, Munich. I got my copy from Arno Martens some time back. I don't have a book, but the principles are the same for all these type, including the well-known Quorn.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.
ps...what did it go for at the auction. If it was real Deckel, it may have fetched over $1.000 here where they find lots of use.
Add pictures here
βœ–
message

This might help:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-Tool-Cutter-Grinder-Manuals-CD-over-500-pgs_W0QQitemZ160001144589QQihZ006QQcategoryZ41950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
--

Ronald W. Weiss
Omicron Engineering, inc.

It does look look a bit like a Deckel SO grinder. Though I've never used one, I do have a copy of the manual in PDF format. Probably came from the web but can't find the source now. Email me if you'd like a copy.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks Mike
EXACTLY what I needed. Its a very good manual on operations of any of the single flute tool grinders. After spending an hour or more on google, all I had learned was how good a deal the auction purchase was - $150. This group is one great resource.
Karl
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Mike Henry, gee bee wrote: Hi Mike I sure could use a copy of the so manual,thanks,lee in sequim,wa
Add pictures here
βœ–